News

News

Winner of impact challenge supports refugees, trees and economic growth

27 June 2019
On 27 June, the five finalists of the NRC Live Impact Challenge took the stage in the Caballero Fabriek in The Hague to pitch their idea to the fellow participants. Lonneke Noteboom won the NRC Live Impact Challenge jury prize with Kakuma Agroforestry, and Yede Van Der Kooij and Sipke Hoekstra won the public prize with Fryslân Supercool. All participants received their 'Positive Change Leader' certificate from RSM. We wish them a lot of success with their projects!


Vote for your favourite positive change-maker!

17 June 2019
Over the past few months, nearly 100 change-makers worked on sustainable projects within their own organisation. A jury selected the best five projects that are eligible to receive the jury prize and the public prize. Do you want to vote? Public voting is possible until 26 June 2019!

Here's how it works:

  • Go to: https://nrclivechallenge.nl/.
  • Vote for your favourite project.
  • You can only vote once.
  • All votes from the general public count towards 60% of the public prize. On the day of the final event, a live vote will take place with the audience present that counts for the remaining 40%.

  • Public voting is possible until Wednesday 26 June 2019.

Innovators in NRC’s Live Impact Challenge are thinking differently

2 May 2019
On 2 May, participants of the NRC Live Impact Challenge had live coaching through an intensive workshop on ‘design thinking’ at the Erasmus Centre for Entrepreneurship in Rotterdam. Dirk Deichmann, RSM’s associate professor in its department of technology and operations management, led the workshop that fast-tracked participants through the stages of design thinking to help participants discover how they might apply this to their own impact challenges.


Participants connect and get inspired at peer review sessions

24 & 25 April 2019
On 24 and 25 April, our partner Outside Inc. organised peer review sessions for the participants of the challenge. The sessions allowed participants of the challenge to engage with each other offline, and learn from each other's knowledge, skills and experiences. In small groups, the participants worked on solving their challenge and discussed topics like teambuilding, sponsorships and stakeholder management.


Change-makers and RSM kick off NRC Live Impact Challenge

5 March 2019
The energetic kick-off event of the NRC Live Impact Challenge took place on Tuesday 5 March 2019. To set the scene for inspiration, it was held at the Erasmus Centre for Entrepreneurship, overlooking the Rotterdam harbour.