Leadership and Communication has two primary goals;
- To introduce the concept of “general management” to communicators, and
- To develop the analytic skills needed for effective problem and opportunity identification.
Students will finish the course with an understanding of key areas of general management that they will need to know as communications professionals through in-depth analysis of a range of cases that focus on various functional areas of management.
A mixture of lectures, case studies and role play to ensure an exciting learning environment.
This elective teaches you the basics of general management before you start to gain experience. You will:
- become familiar with the concept of ‘general management’ and its importance to communicators;
- develop analytical skills so you can identify problems and opportunities;
- get a more strategic overview of how the organisation works;
- learn the skills you’ll need to move further within your company.