Investigative journalism, once given up for dead, is highly relevant again on a global scale. Mainstream media are growing more aggressive in their coverage. Activist or partisan groups have witnessed an increased influence with their own news outlets and fake news has transformed from a tactic to an industry. In this Master Class we will consider these phenomena while keeping in sight the shift from service-based communication to strategic-based communication.
The main topics in this Master Class:
- The widening role for communication professionals and their obligation to monitor a growing number of actors;
- The strategies used by fake news factories to damage reputations;
- Investigative journalism and how it can be an ally, and not only or merely an adversary;
- The increasing pressure on businesses to appear more socially responsible;
- Social media and how to utilise it in an effective way;
- The dynamics of corporate interaction with stakeholder-driven media.
For information about the day-to-day programme, please contact us via email@example.com.