Effective Negotiating Skills
Effective Negotiating Skills
How do you negotiate for the best results? Our three-day programme Effective Negotiating Skills provides you with the essential negotiation knowledge and skills you need to negotiate effectively in business.
During the programme, you will:
- acquire practical skills to prepare and plan for negotiations by applying seven fundamental concepts of principled negotiation
- develop a thorough understanding of each phase of negotiation, and the tactics and behaviours for successful negotiations
- learn how to deal with ‘dirty tactics’
- discover the strengths and weaknesses of your own negotiation techniques and style, and learn which skills you can improve for even better results in internal and external negotiations
- improve your confidence in communicating successfully using verbal, vocal and visual channels of communication
- learn how to apply all these skills to effectively manage the negotiation process to make progress, build relationships and achieve successful deals.
You will benefit from the Effective Negotiating Skills programme if you are a:
- team manager
- negotiator in sales, business development, procurement, or finance
- professional in a specialist department such as HR, IT or marketing who has to negotiate externally with suppliers or internally with internal clients.
“This programme has helped me to be a more critical listener and to create more balanced deals for both the customer and my company. RSM provides a very balanced mix of theory with practical and realistic cases, helping me to get better acquainted with using different negotiation styles, and become more conscious of factors which can influence the negotiation process. The combination of RSM’s high standards in terms of the programme material, the teacher's professionalism and the fellow students made it a great and inspirational three-day learning experience.”
Martijn Visscher, account director, Adnovate
“Being a first-time founder of a tech start-up after a long career in engineering created new challenges and opportunities to learn new skills. I researched the executive education market and chose RSM as the best school for my needs. Paul Hazell is an excellent teacher, and ‘Effective Negotiating Skills’ is based on practical exercises with plenty of opportunities to learn and have fun. This course instantly changed the way I negotiate with our clients and business partners. I plan to take my next course at RSM very soon.”
Pini Reznik, co-founder and CTO at Container Solutions
“Although I spent a lot of time negotiating, I realised that implementing the strong negotiation framework with key principles, combined with a small change in behaviour, can have a big impact. The case studies and personal feedback during RSM’s Effective Negotiating Skills programme gave me clear insights in my negotiations skills. I also enjoyed the multicultural atmosphere.”
Patrick Claessen, senior participations manager, RWE/Essent
During the Effective Negotiating Skills Programme you will learn from Paul Hazell MEd MCIPD ACIB. Occasionally we may substitute other faculty members according to the content of the programme and their availability.
Mr. Paul Hazell MEd MCIPD ACIB
Paul Hazell is a business change and training specialist with more than 30 years of experience as trainer, facilitator and consultant. He specialises in negotiation skills and executive coaching, and trains managers to enable others to become confident in changing work environments. Paul has worked in international banking, trade and corporate finance. He has taught at Management Centre Europe, the Executive Leadership Foundation in Brussels, The American University in Cairo and Manchester Business School. He has a master of education in training and development from the UK, is an associate of The Chartered Institute of Banking, and a member of The Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development.
€ 3,200 (excl. 21% VAT) including course materials, lunches, and snacks if applicable. This fee does not include hotel accommodation.
10% discount for alumni from Erasmus University Rotterdam and RSM. More information about the discount.
General terms and conditions
Our general terms and conditions apply when you register for an open programme. Please review them to learn more about our policies for cancellation, deferral and substitution.
The programme takes place in the Bayle building on the Woudestein Campus of Erasmus University Rotterdam.
We recommend Novotel Rotterdam Brainpark Hotel, adjacent to the university and less than five minutes’ walk from campus. Participants benefit from special rates.