Operations and Supply Chain Management
Operations and Supply Chain Management
How are you coping with your company’s operational challenges and opportunities? Not only specialists deal with this domain; managers in all departments of an organisation can use their leadership skills to influence the role and impact of supply chain and operations to compete effectively and successfully.
Globalisation affects production, supply chain, procurement, distribution, R&D and engineering functions. This means you need more and more integration throughout the organisational value chain. This three-day RSM Executive Education workshop will provide you with tools and insights to deal with your operational challenges effectively and turn them into a business advantage.
Operations management is often a primary reason for success or failure in organisations. You will focus on the fundamental role of operations and supply chain while we help you to better understand the context of operational challenges, and how you can influence them in a positive way. You will also learn what and who your barriers are, and explore research insights and real-life business cases to make the process more transparent.
After completing this programme, you will be able to:
- identify how your role and management skills can aid the overall success of an organisation through operations and supply chains
- contribute to the operational success of your organisation within your own leadership role
- recognise success and failure within operations and supply chain management
- translate and implement best practices from various industries and functions within your own organisation
- apply grounded theoretical concepts to your own business challenges
- drive your operational excellence by applying the learnings of global leaders.
The programme Operations and Supply Chain Management is also a component of RSM's Diploma Programme in General Management.
This programme is suitable for managers who want to learn how they can add value to the overall success of their organisation. All first-time or soon-to-be managers from a diverse range of functional disciplines will benefit from this programme by understanding how operations and supply chain decisions are made. For example, managers in finance, marketing, human resources, and other departments.
Dr Merieke Stevens
is an associate professor in RSM’s Department of Technology & Operations Management. She obtained a PhD in operations management at the University of Cambridge. Her research focuses on relationships between organisations. Merieke is particularly interested in inter-firm relationship dynamics over time, co-operation between buyers and suppliers to achieve competitive advantage, trust asymmetries, and power and dependence in the supply chain. Her teaching topics include operational excellence, service operations, lean strategy, and procurement in healthcare. Merieke has held visiting positions at The Wharton School, the University of Tokyo’s Faculty of Economics, and École Polytechnique Paris.
Dr Cynthia Kong
is an assistant professor in RSM’s Department of Technology & Operations Management. She completed her PhD in operations management at the National University of Singapore. She was an assistant professor of operations at Adolfo Ibáñez University in Santiago de Chile for four years. Her research focuses on healthcare operations management, with the goal of improving the efficiency and effectiveness of healthcare systems with methodology in operations.
€ 2,750 (excl. 21% VAT) including course materials, lunches, and snacks. This fee does not include hotel accommodation.
10% discount for alumni from Erasmus University Rotterdam and RSM. More information about the discount.
Cancellation notices must be received by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. The following cancellation fees apply:
- More than 14 days before the programme’s start date: 25% of the programme fee will be charged
- Between 14 and 7 days before the programme’s start date: 75% of the programme fee will be charged
- 7 days or fewer before the programme’s start date: 100% of the programme fee will be charged
- Cancellations received on or after the programme’s start date: 100% of the programme fee will be charged.
The participant can be substituted by someone from the same company on the same course without extra costs.
General terms and conditions
The programmes take place at Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University, Bayle Building, Burgemeester Oudlaan 50, Rotterdam.
If you require hotel accommodation in Rotterdam, we recommend Novotel Rotterdam Brainpark, adjacent to the university.