Provide RSM certified hardcopies of your diploma and transcript (by 1 August)
Provide RSM certified hardcopies of your diploma and transcript (by 1 August)
While your application can be evaluated based on unofficial digital documents, eventually the RSM needs to check the authenticity of your diploma and your final transcript. This is called making your offer unconditional. This, and any other conditions, are listed in your admissions statement.
In some cases the RSM IBA Admissions Office can check the autenticity of your diploma from an online database but some diplomas need to checked from certified hardcopies. The hardcopies of your diploma and final grade list need to be sent to us by 1 August.
Delays in final exams and diplomas due to COVID-19:
The RSM Admissions Office is aware that due to COVID-19 you may not be able to take your final exams normally or obtain your high school diploma on time. We will monitor the situation in different countries and inform you of any changes in our policies so there is no need for you to contact us about this. We advise you to go ahead and accept your offer of admission and continue to prepare for the start of the academic year. If on July 1st it seems that you will not be able to provide us the required proof of completion of your secondary education by the 1st of August, then you can let us know.
Below you can find the detailed instructions as well as specific information for some diplomas:
Generally, the diploma and final transcript (grade list) will suffice to make your offer unconditional.
- Diploma: In order to verify that you have completed your secondary school programme your admission is based on, RSM needs to see your final diploma.
- Transcript: In order to check that your grades and the subjects you have submitted during the application process are true, RSM also needs your final transcript (i.e. grade list).
- National entrance exam/state exam: For some diplomas a national entrance exam or state exam may be part of the official diploma. In that case you must also provide a certified hardcopy of the exam results/certificate (in the original language and a translation).
- Translation: If the original documents are written in a language other than English, French, German or Dutch you must provide an official translation by a registered sworn translator in one of these languages. Make sure to always include your diploma and/or transcript(s) in the original language along with the translation!
You must provide either original or certified hardcopies (paper documents) of your secondary school diploma and final transcript (grade list).
A certified hardcopy (a paper document) of your diploma and final transcript can be acquired at the institution where you obtained them or they can be provided by an official notary.
- Certified means that a photocopy of the original diploma/transcript is stamped and signed by your institution (director, course coordinator, registrar) or the official notary.
- Make sure you don't copy the certified documents again, but send us the original certified documents. Photocopies of a certified documents will not be accepted.
- Photocopies and scans will not be accepted because their authenticity cannot be verified.
Send the documents to the following address before 1 August:
Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University
RSM IBA Admissions Office
Burgemeester Oudlaan 50
Mandeville Building, Room T5-01
3062 PA Rotterdam
Some courier services also require a telephone number. In this case please use the general phone number of RSM: +31 10 408 2222.
Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University can not be held responsible for the loss of any documentation during transport or while in storage. Therefore we advise you to send the documents as a tracked delivery and to always send certified copies instead of the original diplomas.
The documents will first be received by the central post room, and will be delivered to the admissions office within 2-3 days. Once the documents have arrived and they have been processed, you will be notified via the Online Application Form (OLAF). Making your offer unconditional may take up to 1-2 weeks as we receive a large number of diplomas that need to be verified and processed. Therefore, please be patient.
I want to bring my documents to the RSM Admissions Office in person:
During the Corona pandemic we advise you to send the documents by post. If for some reason this is not possible, you can bring the documents to the RSM Admissions Office in person. The office is located at the Woudestein Campus, on the 5th floor of the Mandeville buidling, room T5-01. We advise you to check out the opening hours listed on our contact pages beforehand.
It may take 1-2 weeks to handle the documents you have sent us, depending on the day they arrived to the campus so please stay patient. You will be notified via the Online Application Form once your admissions has been made unconditional.
Currently your enrolment status in Studielink states: "The educational institution has yet to determine whether your previous education level is sufficient”. Once your offer has been made unconditional, the RSM Admissions Office will confirm your enrolment in Studielink & Osiris. This is done once a week.
RSM will save your diploma for one year. It is your responsibility to pick up these documents from the admissions office, if you want them back. You can pick up your diploma as from October onwards. The admissions office makes scanned copies of all documents for our digital archive and shreds all paper copies that have not been picked up on time.
As VWO diploma holder from the Netherlands, you do not need to send certified hardcopies of your VWO diploma as your grades will be verified electronically (via Studielink).
Holders of a VWO diploma obtained outside the Netherlands (Curacao, Aruba, Sint Maarten) must send a certified hardcopy of their diploma and final transcript to the RSM IBA Admissions Office.
A certified hardcopy of your HBO propedeuse and final transcript is required. If your propedeuse is issued after 1 August, you must present an official statement and transcript from your university of applied sciences. This document should include your expected graduation date and clearly state that you have completed your first year and obtained a minimum of 60 credits.
Certified copy of the High school diploma is required, including the final transcript (in a sealed envelope) and the official College Board AP scores. The College Board institute code for RSM is 6767.
A certified hardcopy of the diploma and transcript of the final year are required.
Since the GCE results are only available around mid-August, the (provisional) statement of results can be sent after 1 August but must be received by RSM before 31 August.
- Only the (provisional) GCE results issued by the official awarding bodies (exam boards: Cambridge, AQA, OCR, Pearson, Edexel) are accepted. GCE results issued on the school's letterhead are not accepted.
- Due to time constraints your school may send an e-mail directly to RSM IBA Admissions Office with a PDF download of the (provisional) GCE statement of results from the appropriate exam boards. The documents must stamped and signed by your school. Statements of results printed on your school's letterhead are not valid.
- Also provide your (I)GCSE certificates and AS certificates (if applicable), bearing a signature and stamp from your school. These documents may be e-mailed directly by your school to the RSM IBA Admissions Office.
Note: The Cambridge (i)GCSE, AS and GCE results can be verified online. E-mail the number of the Cambridge Exam Centre, your candidate number (stated on the statement of results or certificates) and date of birth to the RSM IBA Admissions Office.
Both the original documents in Chinese and an English translation are required of:
- the certified hardcopy of the secondary school diploma (Gaozhong),
- the 3-year transcript,
- and the GaoKao score.
Certified hardcopy of the diploma and the state exam Riigieksamitunnistus are required. All documents must be provided in the original language and with an English translation.
Certified hardcopies of the Baccalauréate and Releve de notes are required.
If you have not yet received your official Baccalauréat, a certified hardcopy of your Releve de notes is sufficient.
A translation of the documents is not required.
Certified hardcopies of the Ijazah Sekolah Menegah Atas (Lulus) and transcript as well as Surat Keterangan Hasil Ujian Nasional (certificate of the exam) are required. Documents are issued by the Departemen Pendidikan Nasional. All documents must be provided in the original language and with an English translation.
If you have not yet received your official IB diploma, you can instruct the IBO to send your final IB results to RSM electronically so that we can verify your scores online. For this you need to give RSM permission (institute code of Rotterdam School of Management: 034892). DO NOT use the institute code of the Erasmus University.
If you already have obtained your IB diploma, send a certified hardcopy of your diploma. There is no need to have your diploma legalized. Alternatively, your IB exam results can be verified online via the IBO website if you have given RSM permission (institute code of Rotterdam School of Management: 034892). DO NOT use the institute code of the Erasmus University.
Your school can also send a print out of the IB exam results derived from the IBO website, bearing a signature and school stamp, by e-mail directly to RSM IBA Admissions Office. IB results printed on the school's letterhead are not accepted.
Both the original documents in Italian and an English translation are required of certified hardcopies of the Liceo, the Allegato and the Pagella Scolastica of the final year.
- the provisional diploma (diploma number is not filled in) and the Pagella Scolastica of the final school year or
- if you have not yet received the (provisional) diploma, you must present an official statement (including name of your diploma, graduation date and the final grade average) issued on behalf of the Ministero dell’Istruzione, dell’Universita and the Pagella Scolastica of the final school year or
- a statement from your school that clearly states that you have completed your secondary school education, the name of your diploma, graduation date and the final grade average as well as the Pagella Scolastica of the final school year.