by Admissions Office
You’ve got questions? We've got answers!
Welcome to our Frequently Asked Questions section where you will find answers to the most commonly asked questions in relation to our pre-experience Bachelor and Master programmes.
TYPE A KEYWORD / QUESTION BELOW OR SEARCH THE CATEGORIES TO FIND YOUR ANSWER.
I took a C1 level English course or test as a part of my university studies (in the EU/EEA). Is this accepted as proof of English proficiency?
RSM accepts English course/test results at C1 level (CEFR) taken at any accredited university of applied science or research university within the EU/EEA. All aspects of the language must have been included in the test (reading, writing, listening and speaking skills).
You must be able to provide proof of this in your application. Accepted forms of proof are:
- a course certificate clearly indicating the the obtained level
- an official statement, filled in and signed by your university (you can also have your university fill in the RSM provided English Proficiency form)
NOTE: Online tests, such as the OLS (Online Linguistics Support for Erasmus+) or Oxford Online Placement test are not accepted.
The Language & Training Centre (LTC) of Erasmus University, Rotterdam offers intake tests throughout the year, which will determine your current level of proficiency, as well as English courses from September onwards.
Current RSM BA students are strongly recommended to consider the BA English courses in trimester 7 as this option is (eventually) free of charge.
The accepted RSM courses are:
- Language course English level C1.1 (BKB1035-C)
- English business speaking and writing skills (BKB1035-D)
- Last update:
- Friday, 25 September 2020