Learn more about student life
Degree: MSc Finance & Investments
Duration: 12 months
Start: September 2020
- 52% international students in programme
- 94% of graduates employed within 3 months after graduation
- Examples of your future job title: Financial analyst, Portfolio / Risk manager, Financial consultant
Who is this programme for?
For talented and motivated recent bachelor graduates in business, economics, finance or accounting who are keen to develop themselves into finance professionals; are independent and eager to work in teams; and want to acquire in-depth knowledge as well as professional skills.
This one-year full-time MSc in Finance and Investments is demanding and requires a proactive attitude; it will provide you with the latest knowledge and insights, plus the right skills and mindset essential for a successful career as a finance professional. You could be working at perhaps a financial institution, a corporation, in a consultancy, in your own start-up, for a government project, or for an NGO.
From September to June, you will be taught by some of Europe’s most respected academics in the field. The programme covers a diverse range of topics. There’s a fixed core of modules in investments, corporate finance, risk management, ethics, and valuation. After this, you can customise your choice of electives to take you closer to your career ambitions. On graduation, you will receive RSM’s MSc degree in Finance and Investments
RSM is one of only a few business schools in the Benelux with a master programme in finance and investments that is partnered with the Chartered Financial Analyst Institute® (CFA). It means you can earn your master degree and prepare for the CFA® exams within one academic year – another step on your way to becoming a financial analyst or investment banker.
RSM is also an Academic Partner of the Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst Association. It means that your curriculum contains the strategies and practice for alternative investments that can be applied to hedge funds, real estate or private equity. It also means your master studies at RSM can be part of your preparation for CAIA exams.
During the programme, you will:
- study the latest in sustainable finance, fintech, and financial analytics from experts in the field,
- master theoretical foundations of finance and investments as well as practical applications,
- develop your soft and quantitate skillsets,
- tailor your degree to your own interests and ambitions by choosing from elective courses and master thesis topics,
- become part of RSM’s large, diverse, and international student body.