Degree: MSc Human Resource Management
Duration: 12 months
Start: September 2021
- 31% international students in programme
- 87% of graduates employed within 3 months after graduation
- Examples of your future job title: HR Manager; Management Consultant; Management Trainee
Good people management is at the heart of successful organisations. Global trends such as increasing digitisation, changing forms of organisation, an ageing workforce, and an increasing need to lead processes of development, change and renewal, bring challenges and opportunities in this field. This programme combines theory and practice to enable you to develop evidence-based solutions for real business problems.
Learn to think critically – to make better people-related decisions and to create positive change for individuals and organisations. Data is an important part of your toolkit as a manager, consultant or HR professional. You’ll learn all about this in our course on people analytics, which focuses on making data-driven decisions.
After you build a solid grounding through your core courses, you then choose your own path through the MSc by selecting electives that match your career goals. This choice is provided through one of three specialisations:
- Human resource leadership
- Organisational development and change
- Generalist track.
Graduates of RSM’s MSc in Human Resource Management start their careers knowing how to enable others to perform at their best while experiencing positive working lives, and how to lead change and development empathetically and effectively. Recent graduates work as HR business partner, recruitment consultant, people experience lead, associate consultant, HR co-ordinator, business analyst, programme manager, and business consultant.
Our graduates work in large multinationals, small start-ups, private sector, public sector and not-for-profit organisations. The MSc HRM also prepares you well for a career in any other people management or leadership role. Some of our alumni move out of HRM specialisations into general management or start their own business.
- Small group learning environment: get to know your fellow students and professors well in a highly interactive – and highly international – class.
- Research-based curriculum: all your courses draw on the latest research evidence and you learn it directly from our international researchers and business practitioners.
- Multi-disciplinary: we introduce you to a wide range of perspectives to critically evaluate and effectively lead processes of organising, development and people, and change at various levels.
- Build practical experience: learn, develop and apply evidence-based recommendations to real business problems, which you present to a company in the live case study, or during your internship.
- Grow your network: meet RSM’s alumni network throughout the programme; when you visit companies, and during guest lectures and at events. These partnerships with businesses mean multiple opportunities to start growing your career.
Do you picture yourself giving advice about organisational decision-making as an HR practitioner or management consultant? Can you see yourself creating positive change in management or leadership roles? The changing nature of organisations makes these roles critical to business success, and the increasing professionalism of HR is reflected in increasing salaries for HR managers.
This programme develops your practical skills while drawing on research evidence, so it’s a ‘hands-on’ experience with a focus on making evidence-based decisions. It is taught in a way that appeals to people who are comfortable using data, as well as to those who are not.
Ekata Das (MSc HRM class of 2020):
If you are a people-oriented person who loves to solve moral dilemmas and complex organisational issues about people and stakeholders, take this programme. I enjoy the small-scale classrooms and the space to ask questions and voice our opinions. Real life cases stimulate my thinking about applying theory into practice; I think that’s essential for entering the labour market.