How to prepare for the GMAT
Everyone learns in different ways and at a different pace. But when it comes to preparing for the GMAT and gaining a score reasonably reflective of your abilities – there are some general rules of thumb that can help you get the score you want.
Our MBA Marketing & Admissions Director Maryke Luijendijk-Steenkamp has been helping prospective students through the MBA application process for years. Here she shares her observations on preparing for the GMAT in a way that can help ensure a successful application to an RSM MBA programme.
- First up – make sure you DO prepare.
- Familiarise yourself with the language and test environment.
- Know what learning style works best for you.
- Take the test sooner rather than later.
- Don't be disheartened by a low score.
- Start working on your application before you take the GMAT.
- Consider your GMAT as only part of your application.
- Speak to former or current RSM students