Your main tasks include:
· Conduct impactful research aimed at top-tier journals in management.
· Cultivate innovation leaders through teaching our talented international students, and through engagement with external organisations.
· Contributing to the further development of RSM, and to the department of Technology and Operations Management in particular.
· Engaging with RSM’s mission to be a force for positive change in the world.
Applicants should have (or expect to complete by summer 2023) a Ph.D. in innovation management or related fields with a focus on innovation such as operations management, strategy, marketing, or organizational behavior. You must demonstrate a potential for excellence in research and teaching by having papers published in, or submitted to, highly ranked journals.
• You are an inspired, ambitious and competent researcher, with a strong commitment to high-quality research
• Enthusiastic about teaching, and an able presenter
• A familiarity with online education platforms and with techniques for inspiring successful blended learning
• Strong English language skills, in both writing and speaking.
• You value research with practical relevance that is impactful to academics and practitioners alike.
The ability to provide critical yet constructive feedback is a strength.
At RSM, we offer you:
Please note that substantial tax benefits apply to non-Dutch citizens, conditional on permission granted by the Dutch Tax Office.
You can find more information here:
- The Innovation Management section at RSM: https://www.rsm.nl/faculty-research/departments/technology-and-operation-management/innovation-management/
- The research environment at RSM: www.erim.nl
- Salary and benefits: https://www.eur.nl/en/working
Our team is diverse; we welcome candidates of all genders, ethnicities, and nationalities.
The conditions of employment comply with the collective labour agreement for Dutch Universities (CAO NU). Favourable tax agreements may apply to non-Dutch applicants. Erasmus University Rotterdam has attractive employment conditions, which include a holiday allowance of 8 per cent, an end-of-year bonus of 8.3 per cent, and a generous number of vacation days.
The application deadline for the position is September 15, 2022. Your application must include:
We will also welcome you for an informal chat about these vacancies at the Academy of Management meeting in Seattle in August 2022. To be invited for that, please send your curriculum vitae to Prof. Daan Stam (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Dr. Dirk Deichmann (email@example.com) by 15 July 2022.
Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM) is one of Europe’s top-ranked business schools. RSM provides ground-breaking research and education furthering excellence in all aspects of management and is based in the international port city of Rotterdam – a vital nexus of business, logistics and trade. RSM’s primary focus is on developing business leaders with international careers who can become a force for positive change by carrying their innovative mindset into a sustainable future. Our first-class range of bachelor, master, MBA, PhD and executive programmes encourage them to become critical, creative, caring and collaborative thinkers and doers. Study information and activities for future students, executives and alumni are also organised from the RSM office in Chengdu, China. www.rsm.nl
RSM is a faculty of Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR). EUR is an internationally oriented university with a strong social orientation in its education and research. Our scientists and students work in close collaboration with internal and external parties to solve global, social challenges, inspired by the always dynamic and cosmopolitan Rotterdam. Our mission is therefore "Creating positive societal impact". Our academic education is intensive, active and application-oriented. Our research increasingly takes place in multidisciplinary teams, which are strongly intertwined with international networks. With our research impact and thanks to the high quality of education, EUR can compete with the top European universities. The Erasmian values function as our internal compass and make Erasmus University recognizable to the outside world: engaged with society, world citizen, connecting, entrepreneurial and open-minded. www.eur.nl