Open Badges for F&I-A Graduates - Pilot Project
Introduction to open badges and the pilot program
Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM), is conducting a pilot program with open badges. Open badges are verifiable, portable digital badges with embedded metadata about skills and achievements.
An open badge is associated with an image and information about the badge, its recipient, the issuer, and any supporting evidence. All this information is packaged within a badge image file that can be displayed via online CVs and social networks. Open badges are issued via e-mail and can be stored in a personal badge backpack.
RSM has selected the MSc Finance & Investments Advanced (FI-A) program for the purpose of this pilot. The badge is awarded to successful graduates of the FI-A program in recognition of their exceptional accomplishment.
Source: openbadges.org. More information on the use of open badges can be found here.
• RSM will process the following personal data: name and surname, student number, and e-mail address, for the purpose(s) described above, for which RSM will ask explicit consent.
• Participant data will be shared with SURFnet B.V. solely for the purpose(s) described above.
• Participants have the right of access and as such the right to obtain confirmation that their data is being processed; access to their personal data; and other supplementary information.
• Participants have the right to rectification and erasure and as such are entitled to have personal data rectified or erased if inaccurate or incomplete.
• Participants have the right to data portability and as such are allowed to obtain and reuse their personal data for their own purposes across different services.
• Personal data provided for the purpose of this pilot is not used for automated decision making and profiling.
• The retention period of your personal data is two weeks following the completion of the pilot program, after which the data will be deleted or anonymized.
RSM has informed me of my rights in relation to the open badge pilot for the FI-A program. I understand my rights and willingly participate in the open badge pilot.