2021 International Executive Challenge
Forge your leadership skills with this unique experience
We’re looking for the best student team from RSM to compete against other universities from around the world in a virtual case competition for the chance to win $2,000, build your international network, and be crowned the champion of the International Executive Challenge.
Are leaders born or made? While research suggests that innate ability can be helpful, the most effective leaders are forged through the fires of experience.
The International Executive Challenge hosted by the Covey Leadership Center at the Huntsman School of Business, Utah State University is a one-of-a-kind, fast-paced simulation for 12 teams to compete in an immersive leadership development experience. Student teams have the unique opportunity to place themselves in the shoes of C-level executives, solve complex real-world business problems and test their leadership skills in front of experienced leaders who act as a board of directors.
- This is a virtual event taking place on 16 March 2021
- RSM will be represented by a team of four individuals (for third year BSc students and MSc students)
- Teams receive the case and the scoring rubric one week before competition day
- Teams prepare a 10-minute oral presentation (no slides or handouts) based on given questions
- Presentations are delivered to their company's board of directors (executive judge panel)
- Following their presentations, teams will receive developmental feedback and questions for 10 minutes
- The competition is one round
- The team with the top score after their presentation wins
- Prize money is awarded to the top three teams
- 1st place - US$2000
- 2nd place - US$1000
- 3rd place - US$400
- The team from RSM will be coached by a member of the Erasmus Centre for Leadership
Are you ready to face this challenge?
If you are a third year BSc or MSc student and this competition has caught your interest, please send a short description of your team and your team’s motivation to join the challenge to firstname.lastname@example.org (max 1 page). Submission deadline is Friday, 29 January 2021.
The Erasmus Centre for Leadership will assess each application and decide which team will represent RSM at this special event.
If you have questions, please contact the Erasmus Centre for Leadership.