Full Professor of Corporate Finance
Full Professor of Corporate Finance
Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM) seeks to appoint a Full Professor of Corporate Finance to join and complement the Department of Finance.
The Professor will be an expert in Corporate Finance, publishing in world-leading journals with global impact and reach. S/he should be an international top scholar who is able to coach and motivate young talent to maintain and further increase their publications in top journals, and develop academic and societal impact, and international collaboration.
The appointee will:
- carry out top research that is published in leading international journals;
- develop one or more relevant areas of research in the field of Corporate Finance;
- supervise PhD students and postdocs and coach junior faculty members;
- further expand the Department’s national and international research connections in the field of Finance;
- raise substantial external research funding from national and international funding agencies and other organisations;
- carry out impactful research which contributes towards addressing global societal challenges;
- perform teaching and supervising tasks for the bachelor, graduate and postgraduate programmes;
- take responsibility for the development of courses in her or his own field of expertise;
- play an active role in post-experience education programmes such as MBA, part-time MBA and open enrolment courses.
- perform management duties at the level of the department, the school and the university;
- play an active role in relevant national and international academic networks and organisations;
- develop and maintain close contacts with relevant organisations and professionals in the Netherlands and on an international level;
- develop and nurture relationships with local, national and international businesses and industry.
Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM) is the premier business school in the Netherlands and is ranked 9th according to the Financial Times European Business School Rankings 2017. The School aims to improve the practice of business and management through its ground-breaking research, its world-class education, and its engagement with industry and society. RSM believes business is a powerful instrument for solving big societal issues and has as its mission to be a force for positive change, and develops business leaders with international careers who carry their innovative mindset into a sustainable future. With over 80 different nationalities in the student body, RSM today is a dynamic international community that spans academia, executives, current students, and the School’s extensive network of globally-dispersed alumni.
The Department of Finance (RSM Finance) has 24 research faculty members who are highly international and educated at renowned institutions in Asia, Europe, and the US. The Department has a strong research tradition and international orientation, as evidenced by publications in top journals, a US-style PhD programme, presentations at major conferences, international cooperation, and research visits to leading US schools. The Department’s management research and education focus on positive change that enables people and organisations to thrive. RSM Finance is supported by the Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM) through extensive research support to the faculty to organise and attend conferences, journal submissions, outbound and inbound research visits and databases. The Department of Finance contributes to the curriculum at undergraduate and postgraduate level, as well as executive education.
Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR), based in the dynamic and diverse city of Rotterdam, positions itself as an international knowledge hub for critical thinking and academic training, driven by a strong focus on current social issues. Founded over 100 years ago as the Netherlands School of Commerce, Erasmus University today is a renowned, public research university. Scholars and students in seven faculties and two institutions work on global social challenges in the areas of health, wealth, governance and culture.
Conditions of Employment
The compensation package is competitive relative to European salaries and includes several secondary benefits, which include a holiday allowance of 8 per cent, an end-of-year bonus of 8.3 per cent, and a generous number of vacation days. International faculty who work in the Netherlands, under certain circumstances, may be entitled to the 30% tax ruling.
How to Apply
An executive search exercise is being undertaken by Perrett Laver to assist the recruitment committee. Perrett Laver may be contacted for informal enquiries and questions on Jack.Bircher@perrettlaver.com or +31 20 2404 378. Applications can be uploaded at www.perrettlaver.com/candidates, quoting reference 3475. The closing date for applications is 9am CEST on Monday 16th May 2018.