Which language levels do I need?

Please select video or image only.
The type 'header' is not supported in this column.

Which language levels do I need?

Language skills/levels/tests

Your language skills are very important for all international study abroad programmes. At most partner schools the teaching language of the business and management courses is English, at some partner schools, the teaching language is both in the local language and English. And a very few do not or hardly offer any English courses at all.

In the section Partner Schools you can find a Pdf file showing the teaching language at each school, as well as the language level/proof needed.

Assessment of language skills in Europe

In Europe most schools use the levels the levels of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) to evaluate your language skills.

The levels of the Common European Framework (CEFR):

A1 – Beginners level
A2 – Pre-intermediate level
B1 – Intermediate level
B2 – High intermediate level
C1 – Advanced level 

Assessment of language skills outside Europe

Outside Europe most schools use the scores of TOEFL and/or IELTS to determine the language level. See in the table below, the most common levels required at non-European partner schools:

Language Test Score
TOEFL Internet based: 100
  Computer based: 250
  Paper based: 600
IELTS 6.5 - 7.0 

Scores of TOEFL and/or IELTS should be valid and therefore not older than 1,5 year at time of selection and 2 years at time of exchange.