MOOC: Innovation Management
What is innovation management? How do firms bring in new business models and get new products and services to the market? Go on a nine-week journey through innovation management concepts, theories of idea generation, selection, strategy formulation and implementation in our MOOC in Innovation Management. In it, you will also learn the tools for implementing innovation projects yourself.
Guided by RSM’s top professors, you will develop an innovative mindset and expertise in how firms successfully create new ideas for marketing new products. The syllabus also includes sessions about innovation strategy, idea management and social networks.
During this online course, you will spend two to four hours per week learning how to:
- use the main innovation management terminology and concepts
- recognise and describe different types of innovation
- explain the adoption life cycle and innovation adoption at the individual level
- define creativity and explain how creativity can be stimulated
- recognise and describe three types of idea management systems
- explain what an innovation strategy is and why it is important
- describe what a product portfolio is
- explain how innovation projects should be selected
- describe methods and tools for innovation project management
- explain the importance of teams, team structures and networks for innovation.
RSM’s nine-week MOOC in Innovation Management is taught in English (English subtitles are also available in the video sections). There is no fee to participate in the programme. Further details about the syllabus and start dates are available through Coursera, a provider of online classes from more than 120 top universities and educational organisations. To learn more about this MOOC and to register, click here.