As of 1 October 2016 RSM’s Bachelor of International Business Administration (IBA) programme is classified as Numerus Fixus programme. This means that there are only a limited number of places available in the programme and that the selection should be done according to the guidelines outlined by the Dutch government. You may only apply for two Numerus Fixus programmes in the Netherlands. For the IBA programme these changes mean:
- Fixed date admission. Applications will be evaluated upon submission. Applicants who meet the minimum entry requirements will be added to the IBA ranking. The 575 candidates with the best scores will be offered admission to the programme on 15 April (see "Ranking Applicant 1 April - 14 April" below). All other eligible applicants will be put on a waiting list.
- Early deadlines. The ultimate deadline for registering for a numerus fixus programme in the Dutch national student registration system Studielink is 15 January. The Dutch government has determined this deadline and exceptions are not possible.
- Fixed number of spots in the programme set at 575.
The application process for IBA at RSM is explained below. Steps numbered 1 – 4 need to be taken by you. The other steps will be taken by the RSM Admissions Office. Click on the sections below for further details.
Register for the IBA programme (between 1 October 2016 and 15 January 2017) in the Dutch national student registration system Studielink (www.studielink.nl). Registering in Studielink can sometimes be confusing, especially for international students. To help guide you through the registration process we have created a Studielink registration manual. Make sure that you have entered the correct study programme name in Studielink: "(Bachelor) International Business Administration (RSM) (in English), not to be confused with the premaster programme in Business Administration!
IMPORTANT NOTE: All applicants are required to first register in Studielink. Residents of the Netherlands need a DigiD username and password. If you do not have a DigiD, please make sure that you apply for your DigiD on time as it will take at least five working days for your log-in details to be sent to your home address. (www.digid.nl). Therefore, please make sure that you have applied and activated your DigiD well in advance of the application deadline of 15 January deadline!
Within 24 hours after successful registration for the IBA programme in Studielink, you will receive an automatically generated message from Rotterdam School of Management with a link to the Online Application Form (OLAF)*. The online application form is the final step in the application process. You will be asked to fill in additional information on your educational background, upload the documents listed below. Students with a non-Dutch high school diploma are required to pay an application fee of €100. This fee is non-refundable.
In order to participate in the selection process you must complete the second part of the application and upload your supporting documents before 15 February. After the deadline you can no longer submit your application even if you have already registered in Studielink. Do not wait until the last minute to apply. If you wait until the last minute, you will have no margin for error. If you forget to upload something, your application will be rejected. If you apply early (at least 4 weeks before the deadline), some mistakes can still be corrected.
- Copy of a valid passport or European identity card (EEA nationals only); your passport/ID must be valid up to and including the 1st of May 2017 in order to accept an eventual offer of admission made by RSM.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Academic transcripts (grade lists)** from your secondary school. This must be your grade list of the penultimate year (i.e. the year before your final year). If available, you may also add recent grades of your current school year.
- Secondary school diploma** (if you have already graduated). If you have not yet graduated, we require a diploma statement (a statement from your school including your expected graduation date, the exam subjects and the name of the diploma you will obtain).
- For applicants with certain diplomas we also require a detailed description of mathematics subjects. See the admissions criteria per diploma to see if this applies to you.
- Proof of proficiency in English, if applicable. This can be done in several ways. Check the requirements for your type of diploma. Please note, that applicants who are required to take an English exam need to submit the results no later than 1 April. If you need to take an English exam, take into account that test dates can fill up quickly, particularly during peak testing periods, so we urge you to register to take the exam as early as possible to avoid disappointment. Keep in mind that it can take several weeks to receive the results of your exam. This means that you should plan to take the exam no later than 1 March. Hence, you can send us your application first and complete your application package later with the results of your English language exam.
- Transcript(s) (grade list(s))** of your higher education studies (e.g. university, HBO or Foundation Year programme), if applicable.
- Recommendation or reference letter(s). This is not a mandatory part of the application package for the IBA programme at RSM. Not having a recommendation letter will not negatively influence your application.
For further details about your type of diploma, click here.
(*) If you have not received the automatic message within two days, please contact us via the contact form. Please also check your spam/junk folder to make sure that our message has not been filtered out. Your online application form and all supporting documents must be submitted no later than 15 February.
(**) If the original documents are written in a language other than English, French, Dutch or German you must provide an official translation by a registered sworn translator in one of these languages. Make sure to always include your diploma and/or transcript(s) in the original language!
All complete applications received between 1 October and 15 February will be assessed to determine eligibility for the IBA programme. Applications that are incomplete after the 15 February deadline will be rejected. Applicants deemed to have an insufficient level of mathematics may be asked to take a mathematics entrance exam. The math exams are scheduled for 19 January, 16 February and 16 March 2017. If this applies to you, you will be notified accordingly. It is possible to resit the exam but keep in mind that are no more exams offered after 16 March. Therefore, it is to your advantage to take the mathematics exam as early as possible as it is only offered three times a year.
All applicants who submitted a complete application in the online application form OLAF by 15 February will be given a rank number. Rank is determined by totalling 3 sub-scores: grade point average at the time of application (50%), your CV (25%) and your answers to motivation questions (25%). RSM will submit a list with rank numbers to Studielink on 14 April.
On 15 April all applicants who submitted a complete application in the online application form (OLAF) will receive a rank number via e-mail from Studielink. Applicants with rank number 1 to 575 will also receive a second e-mail from Studielink with an offer for the programme. Applicants with rank number 576 and higher will automatically be put on a waiting list. If someone with an offer for the programme decides to decline their offer, it will be automatically assigned to the next person on the waiting list.
Applicants offered admission to the IBA programme (initially or from the waiting list) will have two weeks to accept or decline the offer in Studielink. If you fail to respond to the offer after two weeks, your place will automatically be assigned to the next person on the waiting list! This process is NOT handled by RSM but by the national student registration system Studielink and no exceptions will be made.
If you are selected to participate in the IBA programme and have accepted your offer of admission you will be asked to send certified hardcopies (paper version) of your secondary school diploma and final transcript to the RSM admissions office no later than 1 August 2017.