MSc Graduation Ceremony 2017
The MSc Graduation Ceremony 2017 will be held on 30 September 2017.
This year we will organise three parallel ceremonies. Marketing Mangement (MM) will have their ceremony in the Jurriaanse Zaal. Accounting & Financial Management (AFM) and Finance & Investments (FI) will have their ceremony in the Willem Burger Zaal. All other programmes will have their ceremony in the Grote Zaal.
During your ceremony you will enter the theatre and stage by master programme.
Preliminary programme outline:
- Registration for graduates and distribution of cap and gown in Theater Rotterdam (12.00 hours)
- Ceremony briefing for graduates
- Graduates have a group photo taken by a professional photographer
- Welcome drink (coffee and tea) for guests in De Doelen (12.45 hours)
- Guest take their seats in the Grote Zaal, Willem Burger Zaal or Jurriaanse Zaal
- Procession from Theater Rotterdam to De Doelen, live broadcast
- Graduates enter the Grote Zaal, Willem Burger Zaal or Jurriaanse Foyer
- Start of ceremony, including the official awarding of diplomas and speeches
- Reception (end 18.00 hours)
There is one registration for all ceremonies.
- Registration will take place between Saturday 1 July 2017, 10:00 hrs and Sunday 20 August 2017, 23:30 hrs.
a) Please note that late registrations are NOT possible, so you will need to decide on your own participation and on whether you would like to invite any guests well in advance of the registration deadline. Also note that you must register for the graduation ceremony by the deadline even if you are not sure by that date whether you will finish your thesis in time.
b) If one of your guests will be paying for your gown and guest tickets instead of you, please make sure that they indicate YOUR name and student number in order to prevent confusion.
- Caps, stoles and gowns: graduates must wear a cap, stole and gown during the graduation ceremony. You may choose between purchasing and renting a gown. Renting a gown is slightly less expensive and more sustainable. In both cases you receive the cap as a gift from RSM. Distribution will take place prior to the ceremony.
- Guests: graduates must register their own attendance, as well as purchase tickets for their guests. Each graduate will be permitted a maximum of two guests.
- Additional guest tickets: depending on demand and availability we might be able to offer additional guest tickets. Additional guest ticket purchase will be re-opened on Tuesday 29 August 2017, 10:00 hrs at which point graduates may try to purchase one or two additional guest tickets and a 'first come first serve' rule applies (deadline Wednesday 6 September 2017, or when tickets are sold out). Please be aware that there is no guarantee that every student can bring four guests in total.
- Restitution: the only legitimate reason for a refund is if you register for the graduation ceremony and ultimately do not successfully graduate.
In all other cases a refund is NOT possible.