RSM Honours Programme
RSM Honours Programme
RSM Honours Programme 2018-2019
The 2018-2019 RSM BSc Honours Programme will be open for 40 second-year students in total: IBA and BA students together. The programme will be conducted in English.
The RSM Honours Programme is scheduled in trimesters 4, 5 and 6 of the BSc programme:
- The programme starts end of September/beginning of October and continues until April/May of the next calendar year.
- The programme includes a field trip to Silicon Valley, planned in the Spring break.
Admission and selection
Admission to the RSM Honours Programme will be selective. The selection criteria are as follows:
- Successful completion (with or without compensation) of the first year of studies immediately preceding the year in which participation in the RSM Honours Programme is envisaged (hence: the 2018-2019 programme is only open for students who started their Bachelor in 2017-2018);
- Courses are successfully passed (with or without compensation) prior to the re-sit period;
- Weighted average grade of at least 7.5 (for all B1 courses);
- A solid motivation for the RSM Honours Programme;
- Affinity with entrepreneurship, strategic management, and business innovation;
A good mastery of the English language, to be demonstrated by one or more of the following:
- score of 80 on TOEFL (with sub-scores of at least 20) or
- score of 6.0 on IELTS (with sub-scores of at least 6.0) or
- a score of 550 on the Institutional TOEFL (ITP) or
- proof that you received a minimum grade of 7.0 for VWO English
- For all BA students with non-VWO diplomas, the English admission requirements for BSc IBA students apply (in other words, IBA students do NOT need to fulfil any additional language requirements).
More information about the specific requirements per diploma can be found here.
Moreover, the RSM Honours Programme Selection Committee will also strive for diversity, both by background and by gender, when composing the student group.
The RSM Honours Programme Selection Committee will consist of members of Academic Staff of the Dpt. Strategic Management & Entrepreneurship and representatives of Programme Management BSc BA and BSc IBA.
Application for the RSM Honours Programme will open on the 1st of June 2018 and will close on June 30, 2018.
- An online application form will be visible on this website by the 1st of June where your personal details (name, student number, etc.) and the documents mentioned below can be entered:
- A one page Curriculum Vitae
A motivation letter, comprising at least the following components:
- your personal reasons to apply for the RSM Honours Programme
- your personal strengths in regard to the themes of entrepreneurship and business innovation
- (if present): evidence of current or past involvement in entrepreneurial activities
- For BA students that did not receive a 7 or higher for VWO English, proof of English proficiency as outlined above*
*During the application period (1-30 June) a proof of registration for a TOEFL, ITP-TOEFL, or IELTS exam will suffice. Official results (with sufficient scores) will need to be submitted by the 15th of August.
Participation in the RSM Honours Programme (including the trip to the United States) will require a personal contribution of 400 euros. The remaining costs will be paid by RSM.
Awarding places in the RSM Honours Programme
Selection round 1
The first selection round will be based on grades and GPA. Only students who have passed all B1 courses prior to the re-sit period and have a GPA of at least 7.5 qualify for selection round 2.
Selection round 2
In the second selection round the Selection Committee will evaluate the Curriculum Vitae and the motivation letter of the students. A number of BA and IBA students will be shortlisted based on their CVs and letters.
Selection round 3
In the third selection round video interviews will be scheduled with these shortlisted students. After these video interviews, 40 students will be selected in total (BA and IBA students) and will be awarded a place in the RSM Honours Programme.
The Selection Committee will announce the outcome of the selection procedure by the end of August 2018. As said: the RSM Honours Programme is not open for students that have not completed all of their B1 courses (with or without compensation) prior to the re-sits.
Selected students that have only submitted proof of registration for an English exam (as outlined above) will receive a conditional offer.
Students successfully completing the RSM Honours Programme will be awarded 15 extra-curricular ECTS. These credits are extra-curricular, as the RSM Honours Programme cannot replace curricular courses in the BA or IBA programme. Hence, the credits will only be listed on a separate supplement to the Bachelor degree (and not on the official transcript).