RSM Honours Programme
RSM Honours Programme
RSM BSc Honours Programme ‘Innovation & Entrepreneurship - Lessons from Silicon Valley’ 2020-2021
The 2020-2021 RSM BSc Honours Programme will be open for 40 second-year Bachelor students in total: 20 from the Bedrijfskunde programme and 20 from the IBA programme. The programme will be conducted in the English language.
The RSM Honours Programme is scheduled in block 5, 6, 7 and 8 of the Bachelor:
- The programme starts at the beginning of October and continues until May of the year after.
- The programme includes a field trip to Silicon Valley, planned in the Spring break of 2021.
Admission and selection
Admission to the RSM Honours Programme will be selective. The selection criteria are as follows:
- Successful completion (with or without B1 compensation) of all Bachelor 1 courses immediately preceding the year in which participation in the RSM Honours Programme is envisaged. Hence: the 2020-2021 programme is only open for students who started their RSM Bachelor in 2019-2020.
- Weighted average grade of at least 7.5 for all Bachelor 1 courses, based on the grades obtained at first attempt. Students are however permitted to take part in re-sits (for a higher grade), but those grades will not be taken into account when calculating your weighted average grade for your Honours Programme admission.
- A solid motivation for the RSM Honours Programme
- Affinity (preferably evidence-based) with entrepreneurship, strategic management, and business innovation
A good mastery of the English language, to be demonstrated by one or more of the following:
- proof that you received a minimum unrounded grade of 7.0 for VWO English or
- score of 80 on TOEFL (with no sub scores below 18 for reading, listening and speaking and no sub score below 21 for writing) or
- score of 6.5 on IELTS (with no sub-scores below least 6.0) or
- a score of 550 on the Institutional TOEFL (ITP) or
- For all Bedrijfskunde students with non-VWO diplomas, the English admission requirements for BSc IBA students apply
IBA students do NOT need to fulfil any additional language requirements.
Moreover, the RSM Honours Programme Selection Committee will also strive for diversity, both by background and by gender, when composing the student group.
The RSM Honours Programme Selection Committee will consist of members of Academic Staff of the Dpt. Strategic Management & Entrepreneurship and representatives of BSc Programme Management.
Application for the RSM Honours Programme will open on the the 1st of August 2020 and will close on the 31st of August 2020.
- An online application form will be visible on this website by the 1st of August 2020 where your personal details (name, student number, etc.) and the documents mentioned below can be entered:
- A one page Curriculum Vitae
A motivation letter, comprising at least the following components:
- your personal reasons to apply for the RSM Honours Programme
- your personal strengths in regard to the themes of entrepreneurship and business innovation
- (if present): evidence of current or past involvement in entrepreneurial activities
- For BA students who did not receive a 7.0 or higher for VWO English: proof of English proficiency as outlined above
Participation in the RSM Honours Programme - including the trip to Silicon Valley in the United States - will require a personal contribution of 400 euros, due by the start of the first lecture at the latest. The remaining costs will be paid by RSM.
Awarding places in the RSM Honours Programme
Selection round 1
The first selection round will be based on your Bachelor 1 results, obtained during your first examination opportunity. Only students who have passed all Bachelor 1 courses and have a GPA of at least 7.5 (any re-sit grades do not factor in) qualify for selection round 2. Applicants who do not meet this norm will not be considered.
Selection round 2
In the second selection round, the Selection Committee will evaluate the Curriculum Vitae and the motivation letter of the eligible candidates. A number of Bedrijfskunde and IBA students will be shortlisted based on their CVs and letters. Others will receive a rejection letter.
Selection round 3
In the third selection round, the shortlisted applicants will receive follow-up questions and are asked to submit a short video in which they elaborate on their answers. After reviewing the videos, 40 students will be selected in total (20 Bedrijfskunde and 20 IBA students) and will be awarded a place in the RSM Honours Programme.
The Selection Committee will announce the outcome of the selection procedure by the beginning of October 2020.
Students successfully completing the RSM Honours Programme will be awarded 15 EC. These credits are extra-curricular, as the RSM Honours Programme cannot replace curricular courses in the Bedrijfskunde or IBA programme. Hence, the credits will be listed on a separate supplement to the Bachelor degree (and not on the official grade transcript).
Students who would like to learn more about what the programme entails or have questions about the selection criteria and the application procedure are welcome to contact the RSM Honours Programme coordinator, Stella Li, via firstname.lastname@example.org.