RSM Honours Programme
RSM Honours Programme
RSM BSc Honours Programme ‘Innovation & Entrepreneurship - Lessons from Silicon Valley’ 2021-2022
The 2021-2022 RSM BSc Honours Programme will be open for 40 second-year Bachelor students in total: 20 from the Bedrijfskunde programme and 20 from the IBA programme. The programme will be conducted in the English language.
The RSM Honours Programme is scheduled in block 6, 7 and 8 of the Bachelor (schedule is still subject to change):
- The programme starts at the beginning of November 2021 and continues until June of the year after.
- All plenary sessions have mandatory attendance requirements and are mostly scheduled on Thursday mornings.
- The programme includes three two-day company visits in the Netherlands, including evening programme and accommodation.
- Moreover, a compulsory field trip to Silicon Valley is included, planned in week 13 of 2022, presumably from Saturday 26 March - Saturday 2 April 2022. Please note that the field trip takes place in the re-sit exam week of your block 6 courses. This means that you will not be able to take part in the re-sits of your block 6 courses during your second year. Bear this in mind when you decide to apply for the Honours Programme. You can consult the academic calendar of 2021-2020 here.
Admission and selection
Admission to the RSM Honours Programme will be selective. The selection criteria are as follows:
- Successful completion (with or without B1 compensation) of all Bachelor 1 courses immediately preceding the year in which participation in the RSM Honours Programme is envisaged. Hence: the 2021-2022 programme is only open for students who started their RSM Bachelor in 2020-2021.
- Weighted average grade of at least 7.5 for all Bachelor 1 courses, based on the grades obtained at first attempt. Students are however permitted to take part in re-sits (for a higher grade), but those grades will not be taken into account when calculating your weighted average grade for your Honours Programme admission.
- A solid motivation for the RSM Honours Programme
- Affinity (preferably evidence-based) with entrepreneurship, strategic management, and business innovation
A good mastery of the English language, to be demonstrated by one or more of the following (applicable to Bedrijfskunde students only):
- proof that you received a minimum unrounded grade of 7.0 for VWO English or
- score of 80 on TOEFL (with no sub scores below 18 for reading, listening and speaking and no sub score below 21 for writing) or
- score of 6.5 on IELTS (with no sub-scores below least 6.0) or
- a score of 550 on the Institutional TOEFL (ITP) or
- For all Bedrijfskunde students with non-VWO diplomas, the English admission requirements for the IBA programme apply
IBA students do NOT need to fulfil any additional language requirements.
Moreover, the RSM Honours Programme Selection Committee will also strive for diversity, both by background and by gender, when composing the student group.
The RSM Honours Programme Selection Committee will consist of members of Academic Staff of the Dpt. Strategic Management & Entrepreneurship and representatives of BSc Programme Management.
Application for the RSM Honours Programme will open on the the 1st of September 2021 and will close on the 30th of September 2021.
- An online application form will be visible on this website by the 1st of September 2021 where your personal details (name, student number, etc.) and the documents mentioned below can be entered:
- A one page Curriculum Vitae
A one page motivation letter, comprising at least the following components:
- your personal reasons to apply for the RSM Honours Programme
- your personal strengths in regard to the themes of entrepreneurship and business innovation
- (if present): evidence of current or past involvement in entrepreneurial activities
- For BA students who did not receive a 7.0 or higher for VWO English: proof of English proficiency as outlined above
Participation in the RSM Honours Programme - including the trip to Silicon Valley in the United States - will require a personal contribution of 400 euros, due by the start of the first lecture at the latest. The remaining costs will be paid by RSM.
Awarding places in the RSM Honours Programme
Selection round 1
The first selection round will be based on your Bachelor 1 results, obtained during your first examination opportunity. Only students who have passed all Bachelor 1 courses and have a GPA of at least 7.5 (any re-sit grades do not factor in) qualify for selection round 2. Applicants who do not meet this norm will not be considered.
Selection round 2
In the second selection round, the Selection Committee will evaluate the Curriculum Vitae and the motivation letter of the eligible candidates. A number of Bedrijfskunde and IBA students will be shortlisted based on their CVs and letters. Others will receive a rejection letter.
Selection round 3
In the third selection round, the shortlisted applicants will receive follow-up questions and are asked to submit a short video in which they elaborate on their answers. After reviewing the videos, 40 students will be selected in total (20 Bedrijfskunde and 20 IBA students) and will be awarded a place in the RSM Honours Programme.
The Selection Committee aims to announce the outcome of the selection procedure by the beginning of November 2021.
Students successfully completing the RSM Honours Programme will be awarded 15 EC. These credits are extra-curricular, as the RSM Honours Programme cannot replace curricular courses in the Bedrijfskunde or IBA programme. Hence, the credits will be listed on a separate supplement to the Bachelor degree (and not on the official grade transcript).
Students who would like to learn more about what the programme entails or have questions about the selection criteria, or the application procedure were welcome to join the information session on Wednesday, 7 July at 13:00 via Zoom. Presentation slides were shared via SIN-Online afterwards. If you have questions, you can always contact the RSM Honours Programme coordinator, Stella Li, via email@example.com.