RSM Honours Programme
RSM Honours Programme
RSM BSc Honours Programme ‘Innovation & Entrepreneurship - Lessons from Silicon Valley’ 2019-2020
The 2019-2020 RSM BSc Honours Programme will be open for 40 second-year students in total: 20 BA and 20 IBA students together. The programme will be conducted in English.
The RSM Honours Programme is scheduled in trimesters 4, 5 and 6 of the Bachelor:
- The programme starts end of September/beginning of October and continues until April/May of the next calendar year.
- The programme includes a field trip to Silicon Valley, planned in the Spring break.
Admission and selection
Admission to the RSM Honours Programme will be selective. The selection criteria are as follows:
- Successful completion (with or without compensation) of the first year of studies immediately preceding the year in which participation in the RSM Honours Programme is envisaged (hence: the 2019-2020 programme is only open for students who started their Bachelor in 2018-2019);
- Courses are successfully passed (with or without compensation) prior to the re-sit period;
- Weighted average grade of at least 7.5 (for all B1 courses);
- A solid motivation for the RSM Honours Programme;
- Affinity (preferably evidence-based) with entrepreneurship, strategic management, and business innovation;
A good mastery of the English language, to be demonstrated by one or more of the following:
- proof that you received a minimum unrounded grade of 7.0 for VWO English or
- score of 80 on TOEFL (with no sub scores below 18 for reading, listening and speaking and no sub score below 21 for writing) or
- score of 6.5 on IELTS (with no sub-scores below least 6.0) or
- a score of 550 on the Institutional TOEFL (ITP) or
- For all BA students with non-VWO diplomas, the English admission requirements for BSc IBA students apply (IBA students do NOT need to fulfil any additional language requirements).
Moreover, the RSM Honours Programme Selection Committee will also strive for diversity, both by background and by gender, when composing the student group.
The RSM Honours Programme Selection Committee will consist of members of Academic Staff of the Dpt. Strategic Management & Entrepreneurship and representatives of BSc Programme Management.
Application for the RSM Honours Programme will open on the 15th of June 2019 and will close on the 15th of July 2019.
- An online application form will be visible on this website by the 15th of June where your personal details (name, student number, etc.) and the documents mentioned below can be entered:
- A one page Curriculum Vitae
A motivation letter, comprising at least the following components:
- your personal reasons to apply for the RSM Honours Programme
- your personal strengths in regard to the themes of entrepreneurship and business innovation
- (if present): evidence of current or past involvement in entrepreneurial activities
- For BA students who did not receive a 7 or higher for VWO English, proof of English proficiency as outlined above*
*During the application period (15 June - 15 July) a proof of registration for a TOEFL, ITP-TOEFL, or IELTS exam will suffice. Official results (with sufficient scores) should be submitted by the 15th of August.
Participation in the RSM Honours Programme (including the trip to Silicon Valley in the United States) will require a personal contribution of 400 euros. The remaining costs will be paid by RSM.
Awarding places in the RSM Honours Programme
Selection round 1
The first selection round will be based on grades and GPA. Only students who have passed all B1 courses prior to the re-sit period and have a GPA of at least 7.5 qualify for selection round 2. Applicants who do not meet this norm will receive a rejection letter.
Selection round 2
In the second selection round the Selection Committee will evaluate the Curriculum Vitae and the motivation letter of the students. A number of BA and IBA students will be shortlisted based on their CVs and letters.
Selection round 3
In the third selection round these shortlisted applicants will receive two follow-up questions and are asked to submit a short video (max. 3 minutes) providing their answers to these two questions. After reviewing the videos, 40 students will be selected in total (20 BA and 20 IBA students) and will be awarded a place in the RSM Honours Programme.
The Selection Committee will announce the outcome of the selection procedure by the end of August 2019. As said: the RSM Honours Programme is not open for students who have not completed all of their B1 courses (with or without compensation) prior to the re-sits.
Selected students who have only submitted proof of registration for an English exam (as outlined above) will receive a conditional offer.
Students successfully completing the RSM Honours Programme will be awarded 15 extra-curricular EC. These credits are extra-curricular, as the RSM Honours Programme cannot replace curricular courses in the BA or IBA programme. Hence, the credits will only be listed on a separate supplement to the Bachelor degree (and not on the official transcript).
Students who would like to learn more about what the programme entails, find out about the selection criteria and the application procedure are welcome to contact the RSM Honours Programme coordinator via firstname.lastname@example.org.