This page is dedicated to our graduating BSc IBA class of 2019 and will be updated regularly. This year, the IBA Graduation Ceremony will be held on Friday 15 November 2019 in the New Luxor Theater (Posthumalaan 1, 3072 AG Rotterdam).
Verify that all your grades have been correctly recorded in Osiris. Contact the professor if grades are missing/incorrect.
Double-check your personal details in Osiris (full name, date and place of birth etc.) as these personal details will appear on your diploma as stated in Osiris.
More than 20 ECTS of elective courses? Verify that the correct courses are listed under B3 profiling/elective. If you would like to make a request to switch one of the electives that currently appears under ‘other’ with an elective which appears under ‘Bachelor 3’ then remember to send an email to the RSM Examination Board via email@example.com by the 14th of August 2019 to ensure that the switch can be made before your diploma is automatically processed.
Your diploma - If you do not need your diploma or a graduation statement before the graduation ceremony, then you do not need to request your diploma yourself. Once you have met all degree requirements then your diploma will be processed automatically after 19 August 2019.
Need your diploma before the official ceremony? / Not planning to attend the ceremony? Then you can request your diploma once all your grades have been correctly recorded and after verifying your personal details (not necessary after 19 August). Request your diploma via OSIRIS Student – Cases by following these steps:
- Log in to OSIRIS Student
- Go to the ‘Cases’ tab and click through to the ‘My cases’ section
- Click on ‘Start Case’ and select the application form for RSM
- After completing all the questions, click ‘Submit’
You can monitor the progress of your application in the ‘My cases’ section. If your submitted application is complete, the Study Progress & Diploma team (SPD) will change the status of your application to ‘approved application’ and will start with creating your diploma documents.
Collect your diploma - There are four options available:
- If you have indicated that you want to collect your diploma in person, you will receive a confirmation email from the Study Progress & Diploma team (SPD) including a link once your diploma is ready for pick-up. Via that link you can access an online reservation page to schedule an appointment with the Erasmus Student Service Centre (ESSC) in the Sanders Building to collect your diploma. Remember to bring along a valid ID card.
- It is also possible to have someone else pick up your diploma after making an appointment using the link you have received from the SPD team. To make use of this option you will need to fill out and sign this document (downloadable PDF) and this form needs to be presented during the appointment.
- Students who no longer live in the Netherlands also have the option to ask the Study Progress & Diploma team (via firstname.lastname@example.org) to send your diploma to your home address abroad by registered post at your own expense (€ 70). Please be aware of the fact that your diploma will be issued only once, so sending it by post is entirely at your own risk.
- If you do not need your diploma beforehand, than you will receive it during the IBA Graduation ceremony on 15 November 2019. (Be sure to register for the IBA Graduation ceremony before the 1st of September via the link on the graduation website).
In need of a graduation statement or official grade transcript? It is possible for students to receive an official graduation statement before the ceremony in November, after all your credits have been processed in Osiris. Just follow these two steps:
- Request your diploma via OSIRIS Student (not necessary after 19 August)
- Request your graduation statement and/or official grade transcripts (digital version or stamped hardcopy of the transcript) from the Study Progress & Diploma Team:
- Via email: email@example.com or
- By visiting their office: Erasmus Student Service Centre (ESSC): Sanders building, ground floor (weekdays between 9:30-13:00)
Telephone: +31 - (0)10 - 408 23 23 (weekdays between 9:30-13:00)
Full details about the graduation procedure, can be found on this page: https://www.eur.nl/en/education/practical-matters/graduation#Procedures
- Students who are planning to attend their IBA Graduation ceremony are required to register their attendance via the official exit survey, accessible via the button on the top right corner of this page. This form will only be available during the time the form is open, which is from 14 June 2019 up and until 31 August 2019.
- If you fail to complete the survey we will remind you at monthly intervals until the form closes, at which time we will presume that you do not wish to attend.
- Choosing not to register to attend your ceremony or not completing the survey before the published closing date means that we will not include you in our mailings with further information about the ceremony, how to purchase guest tickets etc. Please note that late registrants cannot be guaranteed a seat in the theatre once the ticket sale (for the guest tickets) has started.
- If you have registered for the ceremony but are no longer able to attend, please be so kind to deregister by sending us an email via IBAPM@rsm.nl.
The graduates who are eligible to receive their diplomas and who have confirmed their attendance at the ceremony through the IBA Graduate Exit Survey have received additional information via email regarding how they can purchase tickets for their families and friends.
Tickets for the ceremony will NOT be sent via mail; the tickets will be given to guests when they check in at the New Luxor Theater ticket desk before the reception begins at 13:45 by indicating the graduate's full name. Guests are asked to line up at the ticket desk, based on the family name of the graduate.
Please note that the tickets (with seating assignments) will be handed out on a first-come, first-serve basis. If your guests would like to sit together, they will need to check in at the New Luxor Theater together. The other way around is also possible. For example, if you have two guests who are coming, arriving separately, they can choose to sit in different parts of the theatre by collecting only their own ticket.
Important: Should one of your guests require a wheelchair accessible seat in the theater, please inform us via email as soon as possible: firstname.lastname@example.org
Below you can find the preliminary schedule of the day’s events for graduates.
12:00 Check-in + ceremonial dressing - main entrance the New Luxor Theater, graduates only (please don't be late!)
12:30 Group photos graduates only
13:00 Forming of line-up (rehearsal) graduates only
13:45 Doors open for guests (check-in / ticket pick-up)
14:00 Opening reception for family and other guests
14:15 Group photo moment for family and friends
14:40 Guests enter the theater, graduates line up for grand entrance
15:00 Official opening of the ceremony
17:30 Cocktail reception
18:30 End of reception
We have chosen to raise funds during the graduation event for Vrienden van het Sophia (Friends of Sophia), a foundation of Erasmus MC - Sophia Children's Hospital in Rotterdam. Drink tokens will be sold for the reception immediately following the graduation ceremony. Each token will cost 2 euros (soda, beer, and wine will cost 1 token and prosecco 2 tokens). Small snacks and appetizers will be provided during the reception. All proceeds from the drink token sales will go to Vrienden van Sophia.
The IBA graduation ceremony will be broadcast live by Open Webcast in the window below.
Is there a dress code for the graduation ceremony?
You will all be wearing caps and gowns for the ceremony (which you will receive from us when you check in), but it is important to know that the gowns are not floor length. That means that your pants and shoes will show! There is no formal dress code, but given the important nature of the event, dressy attire is always welcome.
Please note: the gowns have to be returned after the ceremony when you pick up your coat at the coat check. You may keep the cap & tassel.
Will a photographer be present?
Group pictures will be taken by a professional photographer starting at 12:30, so it’s important that you check-in on time! Individual photos on podium will also be taken. You will receive a link to the photos a few weeks after the ceremony.