As per the MSc Examination Regulations,
- You are required to complete three electives for your one-year MSc programme,
- You may take only one elective per block.
- At least two of the three electives must be a Master Programme Elective (MPE). This may be in the form of:
- 2 Master Programme Electives (MPEs) + 1 Master Free Elective (MFE), or
- 3 Master Programme Electives (MPEs)
Please refer to the Elective Overview document for electives that are available to your programme studies. It is your responsibility to make sure that you select electives that comply with the above rules during the MSc Elective Registration process (especially during the switch weeks).
Some master programmes offer elective information sessions to provide more information about their elective courses. Please find information about such sessions under the “Elective Information Sessions” section below.
Elective Registration Process
The MSc Elective Registration process consists of two rounds of preference ranking and three switch weeks. Depending on your study situation, you may participate in all or some parts of the below elective registration process. Please carefully review the Elective Registration Process document to learn what the process is and what actions you need to take.
Below is an overview of key dates of the elective registration process in 2018:
- Register your study situation: Tuesday 30 October 2018 12:00 through Wednesday 14 November 2018 23:59.
- Round 1: Tuesday 20 November 2018 08:30 through Friday 23 November 2018 23:59.
- Round 2: Monday 10 December 2018 08:30 through Thursday 13 December 2018 23:59.
- Switch weeks:
- Before Block 3: 14 – 18 January 2019
- Before Block 4: 4 – 8 March 2019
- Before Block 5: 22 – 26 April 2019
In case you still have questions after carefully reviewing the above information and the documents, please refer to the FAQ document.
The majority of master programmes will be holding elective information sessions in the weeks prior to the elective registration (end of October - Mid-November). If you are interested in hearing about the electives on offer this year, we encourage you to attend any of these informational sessions. Please see the schedule below for dates and times. No registration is necessary.
Accounting & Financial Management
Thursday 25 October 2018 13:00 - 15:45 in Theil CT-1
Business Information Management
Finance & Investments (slides)
Tuesday 13 November 2018 13:00 - 14:45 in Sanders 0-03
Global Business and Sustainability
Monday 12 November 15:00 – 17:45 in Theil CB-2
Human Resource Management (slides)
Wednesday 7 November in Polak 1-21
Management of Innovation
To be announced
Organisational Change and Consulting
Thursday 15 November 12:30 - 13:45 in Mandeville T3-16
Thursday 15 November 13:00 – 14:45 in Mandeville T3-21
Monday 12 November 16:00 – 18:45 in Sanders 0-01
Supply Chain Management
Friday 9 November 13:00 - 14:45 in Sanders 0-01