Master Admission for RSM students
Master Admission for RSM students
As a result from a change in Dutch legislation, the master admission criteria for RSM Bachelor students changed as of September 2017. Both internal (BA, IBA and Premaster students) and external applicants have to meet the same admission requirements.
The requirements below are ONLY for students who are completing or have completed their bachelor education at RSM and current master students who would like to enrol for a second master. External students should refer to the admissions requirements listed here.
If you have any questions about the requirements or application process after reading the steps below, you can contact the RSM Admissions Office.
The admission procedure and admission requirements apply for the following 11 MSc-programmes:
- MScBA Accounting & Financial Management
- MSc Business Information Management*
- MSc Finance & Investments
- MSc Global Business & Sustainability
- MSc Human Resource Management
- MSc Management of Innovation
- MSc Marketing Management
- MSc Organisational Change & Consulting
- MSc Strategic Entrepreneurship
- MSc Strategic Management
- MSc Supply Chain Management
For more information about each programme, please refer to the RSM website.
* Due to growing popularity of the Business Information Management (BIM) programme there will be a cap imposed on the number of internal and external students admitted in 2018. The cap for BIM has been set at 175 internal students. If the number of internal students who apply for this programme exceeds the number of available spaces, additional selection will be made using the overall GPA.
Students need to complete their bachelor programme with a weighted grade point average (GPA) of 7.0 or higher by the 31st of August. The GPA will be calculated over all valid numerical grades in the BA or IBA exam programme. Students can check their GPA in Osiris-Student.
Students who do not meet the GPA requirement of 7.0 or greater can still get admission by completing the GMAT exam with a score of 600 or higher. Results of the GMAT exam must be handed in by the 15th of July. Therefore you need to plan your test well in advance.
Please note that in the future (September 2018 onwards), in view of increasing demand, we expect that a number of programmes will have a limited capacity in terms of enrolled students. This will mean that meeting the eligibility criteria may not be enough to gain admission.
Students of BSc Bedrijfskunde and Dutch Language Premaster students need to show proof of English language proficiency before entering the master. Premaster students can fulfill these requirements during the premaster but must meet the requirement by 15 July in the year they plan to start the master programme.
You can prove your English level by submitting;
- an IELTS test with a minimum score of 6,5 with a minimum 6,5 on all four subscores
- a TOEFL Internet Based test with a minimum score of 91, with a minimum 22 on all subscores. The TOEFL ITP will not be accepted as it only tests passive language skills.
- a Cambridge CAE or CPE test with a minimum score of C.
- a passing grade in one of the BA English courses BKB0035-C, BKB0035-D, BKB0035-E, BKB1035-C and BKB1035-D in trimester 7 from 2015-2016 onwards. These courses are only accessible for BA students, not for premaster students.
- an intake test from the EUR Taal- & Training centre, proving your current level is C1.1
Please note that all test scores must be verifiable:
- TOEFL scores can be verified online. Therefore you should request the tests center to send your score report to RSM. The institutional code of RSM is 0798. Scores can be verified online for 2 years*.
- IELTS scores are verified online using the TRF code marked on the score report. Scores can be verified online for 5 years*.
- In order for RSM to verify your Cambridge score, you need to add your Cambridge candidate ID number and secret number to your application with your score report. If you do not have the candidate ID and secret number, you must contact the authorized examination centre where the examination was originally taken. Please note that RSM can not verify test scores taken before 2005*.
*If your score report can no longer be verified online, you may bring the original certificate to the RSM Admissions Office for verification.
You are exempt from taking an English language exam if:
- you are a native English speaker from the USA, UK, Canada, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa;
- your undergraduate programme was taught completely in the English language (a minimum of 180 ECTS) in one of the following countries: USA, UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa or within the EU/EEA. If it is not mentioned in the diploma, or on the website of the university that the programme is taught completely in the English language, a statement provided by the university is required; IBA and English Language Premaster students are automatically exempted on these grounds.
- Your secondary school was taught completely in the English language in one of the following countries: USA, UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa or within the EU/EEA. If it is not mentioned in the diploma, or on the website of the school that the programme is taught completely in the English language, a statement provided by the school is required.
- You have an IB English A Higher Level certificate with grade 4 or higher or IB English A Standard Level Certificate with grade 5 or higher.
If you wish to start a master programme at RSM you need to follow the steps below. If you fail to meet the deadlines listed below, you will not be registered for an MSc programme and therefore will not be able to start a Master programme at RSM in September. Application/registration requests received after the deadlines will not be processed.
- Familiarise yourself with the admissions process and requirements.
- Register for ONE RSM Master programme in Studielink by 31 May.
- Based on your registration in Studielink, on the first week of June the RSM Admissions office will send you a link to the *Osiris Aanmeld platform where you need to finalize your registration and upload any supporting documents. To log in the Osiris Aanmeld platform you will need an active ERNA account. If you are a former RSM student, and your ERNA account is no longer active, please contact the RSM MSc Admissions Office. The ultimate deadline to complete registration in Osiris Aanmeld is 15 July. This is also the final deadline to submit your proof of English proficiency and/or a GMAT score of 600 or higher. After the 15th of July changes in registrations or new applications will not be accepted. To complete this step you need to have an active ERNA-account. If you have taken a gap year and your ERNA did not become active after you registered in Studielink, please contact the Erasmus Student Service Center.
*If you have not received an email with a link to the Osiris Aanmeld platform by the 2nd week of June contact the RSM Admissions Office immediately.
Results: Your GPA will be calculated over all your Bachelor results. Students can therefore participate in the re-sit examinations of all Bachelor 2 and Bachelor 3 courses in the summer. As a result, it might be uncertain until 25 August whether or not you will be able to start the programme. You will be notified about the admissions decision by email at the end of August, after the final grades have been issued.
Questions regarding the application process or admission requirements should be addressed to RSM Admission Office.