Ho Wa (Hodar) Lam , MPhil
Hodar Lam is a PhD candidate in Organisational Behaviour at Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University. He received his MPhil in Industrial-Organizational Psychology from the Chinese University of Hong Kong and MPhil in Organisation Research from Erasmus University Rotterdam.
With a background in HRM and counselling, Hodar's research focuses on emotions and well-being issues at work. Specifically in his PhD, he is examining the phenomenon of loneliness among leaders. Other research topics he investigates include job insecurity, work stress, and overtime work.
Erasmus University Rotterdam
RSM - Rotterdam School of Management
Department of Organisation and Personnel Management
Professional Publications (4)
- H.W. Lam, S.R. Giessner & M. Shemla (2020). Tips: Loneliness and working from home during the COVID-19 crisis. RSM Discovery - Management Knowledge. [go to publisher's site]
- H.W. Lam Lonely at the top? Try being in the middle. RSM Discovery 38, pp. 19-21.
- H.W. Lam, S.R. Giessner & M. Shemla (2020, mei 8). Four Simple Ways To Combat The Loneliness Caused By COVID-19. Forbes [go to publisher's site]
- H.W. Lam (2014, oktober 6). The Connection Between Exhaustion and Psychological Detachment From Work. I/O At Work
- E. Affum-Osei, S.G. Goto, J.C. Yeung, R. Wang, H.W. Lam, I. Abdul-Nasiru & D. Chan (2020). Examining the factorial validity of the entrepreneurial career motives scale: A five-nation comparison. Journal of Career Development. doi: 10.1177/0894845319898870
Semi Scientific Publications
- S.R. Giessner & H.W. Lam (Hosts) (2020, jul 16). Understanding loneliness at work during COVID-19 and in the future. [webcast]. In RSM Alumni Live Lecture. https://www.rsm.nl/alumni/events/recordings/understanding-loneliness-at-work-during-covid-19-and-in-the-future/
Issue 38: under the editorship of the Erasmus Centre for Leadership is devoted to exploring just some of the many facets of leadership.
No man/woman is an island. It is normal to feel lonely while working from home. Use these four tips to prevent loneliness.
- Study year: 2020/2021, 2019/2020, 2018/2019
- Code: BM05HRM
- ECTS: 5 Level: Master
- Study year: 2019/2020, 2018/2019
- Code: BMME043
- ECTS: 6 Level: Master, Master, Master, Master
- Study year: 2020/2021, 2019/2020, 2018/2019, 2017/2018
- Code: BMRMHRM
- ECTS: 4 Level: Master
Leadership Development and Training
- Study year: 2020/2021
- Code: BMME046
- ECTS: 6 Level: ERIM, Exchange, IM/CEMS, Master, Master
Managing People in Organisations
- Study year: 2018/2019, 2017/2018
- Code: BM01HRM
- ECTS: 6 Level: Master