Stephanie is a postdoctoral researcher and lecturer at the Business-Society Management Department at RSM. Besides her research and teaching, she is project lead for RSM's Community Service Programme.
Stephanie completed her PhD in 2020 at RSM. Her dissertation "In the Moment of Giving" centers on contemporary forms of giving, including both private and corporate philanthropy. She focused on topics such as trends in volunteerism and modern channels for corporate giving or corporate community involvement.
Broader research interests include (peripheral) CSR, business-nonprofit relationships, philanthropy, and nonprofit and volunteer management.
As an academic researcher, Stephanie teaches several courses on both BSc. and MSc. level, including courses on nonprofit management, social entrepreneurship, qualitative research, and research in an international context (Shanghai; Cape Town). She also guides numerous BSc. and MSc. theses, and BSc. internships with a focus on (peripheral) Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and beyond. She further works on research projects on corporate foundations and volunteering, impact measurements, and a European funded research project on service-learning. She also served as an advisor for the Erasmus Consultancy Project in Colombia (2016-2017).
Since 2019, Stephanie joint RSM's Positive Change Initiative and became project lead of RSM's Community Service Programme. As project lead she set up a community service programme to centralize and enhance RSM's community involvement and to become a force for positive change. As project lead she organizes and coordinates volunteering activities for employees. Central to this is forging and managing collaborations with nonprofit organizations.
Erasmus University Rotterdam
RSM - Rotterdam School of Management
Department of Business-Society Management
Scholarly Publications (2)
- S.A. Maas (2019). Outsourcing of corporate giving: What corporations can(‘t) gain when using a collective corporate foundation to shape corporate philanthropy. In L. Roza, S. Bethmann, L.C.P.M. Meijs & S. Von Schnurbein (Eds.), Handbook on Corporate Foundations: Corporate and Civil Society Perspectives (Nonprofit and Civil Society Studies) (pp. 193-214). Cham, Switzerland: Springer
- L.C.P.M. Meijs, S.A. Maas & P. Aramburuzabala (2019). Institutonalisation of service learning in European higher education. In P. Aramburuzabala, L. McIlrath & H. Opazo (Eds.), Embedding Service Learning in European Higher Education: Developing a Culture of Civic Engagement (pp. 213-230). Abington, UK: Routledge
- S.A. Maas (2020, maart 20). In the Moment of Giving: Essays on contemporary forms of private and corporate philanthropy. EUR Prom./coprom.: prof.dr. L.C.P.M. Meijs & prof.dr. J.P. Cornelissen.
Center for Global Generosity
- Study year: 2017/2018
- Code: BMA1011
- ECTS: 4
Learning by doing: consulting to social entrepreneurs
- Study year: 2017/2018, 2016/2017, 2015/2016
- Code: BKBMIN020
- ECTS: 15 Level: Bachelor, Bachelor 3, Bachelor 3
- Study year: 2016/2017, 2015/2016
- Code: BMME037
- ECTS: 6 Level: Master