Many students at RSM produce their master theses based on research into future energy business. Here are some of the latest master theses on the subject of future energy business.
Urban areas need to prepare for a sustainable future. Solutions and application for energy use, connecting vehicles, utilities and renewable energy are researched by RSM master students for a smart and digital city.
Please read more information about the latest RSM research on Smart cities:
Nikki van der Nat (2018): Een governance perspectief op de toekomstige opschaling van RUGGEDISED-initiatieven (NL). More information
Marilou Das (2018): Factors driving business stakeholders to collaborate in smart city ecosystems and the role of local government. More information
Roy Ouwerkerk (2018): Smart City Platform Interoperability and Vendor Lock-In. More information
Felix Aker (2018): Shifting household energy consumption to reduce energy demand peaks in the Netherlands: A case study. More information
Daniel Bos (2018): The Perceived Impact of GDPR Readiness, Privacy Protection Tools, and Control Mechanisms on the Evolution of European Urban Data Platforms. More information
Vince Takács (2018): Strategic options for urban data platforms. More information
Denis Ceric (2018): How do strategy and governance affect citizen engagement in urban platforms? More information
Merle Stadhouder (2017): Determinants of Longevity of Smart City Innovation Ecosystems and projects. More information
- Fenna Levenbach (2017): The smart city trade-off, disclosing data in exchange for smart city services. More information
- Johannes Andriessen (2017): The Scaling of Smart City pilots: An identification of factors hampering a wider adoption of Smart City solutions. More information
- Damiën Horsten and Jan Mariniak (2017): Predicting energy use in office buildings. More information
- Daniel Rustenberg (2017): How architecture and governance of an API platform strategy affects the performance of a (digital city) platform. More information
A sustainable transportation future will rely on multiple solutions, including innovative systems connecting vehicles, utilities and renewable energy. RSM has addressed 3 subjects for the research on electric vehicles:
EV Adoption; Nationwide factors that influence the adoption of Hybrid and Electric Vehicles, District specific factors that influence the adoption of Hybrid and Electric Vehicles
Charging Pole Utilization; Regional factors that improve the usage of public charging points for electric vehicles, Balancing the proportion of investments in fast and regular charging facilities in different districts, Messaging service design to improve the usage of public charging points, Valet Charging to influence charging station utilization
Grid Services; Incentives for off-peak charging of electric vehicles Financial analysis of grid balancing
Please read more information about the latest RSM research on EV:
Dilshan Kelsen (2018): Implementing blockchain technology in electric vehicles. More information
Bram Pals (2018): Exploring business models for a virtual power plant of individual electric vehicles. More information
Joost Breevoort (2018): Efficiently integrating and charging electric buses in smart power grids: a Dutch urban case analysis. More information
Alexander Nicolaij (2018): A Data-Driven Approach to Plug-In Electric Vehicles Charging Behaviour. More information
Robbert Slot (2017): Factors Influencing the Adoption of Electric Vehicles in the Netherlands. More information
- Guillermo Beuchat (2017): Preparing for a zero emission fleet. More information
- Brenda Mwangi (2017): Analyzing consumer adoption patterns of bidirectional smart charging. More information.
- Sergio Di Giacinto (2017): The evolution of BEV adoption and its Determinant Factors: An Exploratory Case. More information.
- Nicolaas van Langen (2016): Information Endownment in the Electricity market capitalizing on energy consumption insights. More Information.
- Brenda Jansen (2016): Modelling the predictors of the adoption of (PH)EVs. More information.
- Hidde van Heijst (2016): Valet Charging; Influence on Load Shifting, Charging Station Utilization and Prioritizing Queues. More information.
- Glenn de Jong (2016): Investing in Public EV Charging Infrastructure; Balancing Strategic Investments in Fast and Regular Charging Facilities across Different Levels of Urbanization. More information.
- Connie Lai (2016): Factors which Improve the Usage of Public Charging Points for Electric Vehicles. More information.
- Stéphanie Visser (2016): The value of points of interest information in predicting cost-effective charging infrastructure locations. More information.
- Angelos Tsereklas-Zafeirakis (2016): Variable-rate Pricing of Electric Vehicle Charging; Exploring consumer behavior using TamagoCar app. More information.
- Kristinka Wilmink (2015): A study on the factors influencing the adoption of Hybrid and Electric Vehicles in The Netherlands. More information.
- Rowan Siskens (2015): Incentives for off-peak charging of electric vehicles. More information.
- Brent Bodenhorst Meyer (2015): Motivating flexible charging behavior of electric vehicles at office car parks. More information.
- Micha Kahlen, Wolfgang Ketter (2015): Aggregating Electric Cars to Sustainable Virtual Power Plants: The Value of Flexibility in Future Electricity Markets. More information.
- Felix Sprenger (2013): Analysing Public Charging Infrastructure Operations: - Consumer Profiles of Electric Vehicle Drivers. More information.
- Micha Kahlen (2013): New Technologies, New Services. An Emerging Business Model for Electric Vehicle Fleet Owners. More information.
- Niek Bonenkamp (2018): The value of storage in shortterm power markets. More information
- Fedde van Wegen (2018): Wind power and price formation in Texan shortterm sequential electricity markets.
- Maximilian Wiedmaier (2017): The role of blockchain technology and energy coalitions in reducing energy grid variability. More information.
- Milou Saraber (2017): Negative Electricity Prices in the German Electricity Market. More information
- Henning Kleb (2016): Clarifying the Influence of an Increasing Share of Renewable Energy and the Corresponding Increasing Market Overcapacity on the Bidding and Risk Behavior within the Electricity Market. More information
- Kareem A.O. Chim (2014): The Coastal Flood Threat in Norfold, Virginia: Exploring challenges and opportunities to finance flood protection measures. More information.
- Sam Hartveld (2014): The influence of wind energy market share on market clearing prices, wind park revenues and bid performance. More information.
- Mariëlle Dusseldorp (2018): Effectively integrating hear pumps and electric vehicles in power smart grids. More information
- Julia Dahm: (2018) Understanding the temporal mismatch between energy demand and energy supply from renewable sources. More information.
- Michael Zigo (2016): Emerging business models in homes with energy storage inside a smart microgrid. More information.
- Navid Sadat-Razavi (2016): Identifying customer patterns for energy services in a dynamic price setting. More information.
- Marcel van der Perk (2013): Consumer Behavior on Dynamic Pricing when subjected to Budget Constraints. More information.
- Anneke Geerts (2013): Smart meter data unlocking energy saving & load shifting potential. Changing the energy consumption behavior of consumers through smart meter data. More information.
- Friederike Haumann (2013): Effects of Construal Levels on Energy Scheduling and Tariff Selection: An Eye-Tracking Experiment. More information.
- Emanuela Verhagen (2013): The impact of framing on consumer selection of energy tariffs. More information.
Carsten Roos (2018): Influence of the Renewable Energy on the PowerTAC Simulation. More information.
- Alessandro Pietrobon (2015): The value of energy flexibility in a market-based balancing system. More information.
- Dennis T. Prösch (2013): Trading Agents in the 2013 Power TAC Competition. More information.
- Tara van de Lagemaat (2018): Distributed energy resources in a centralized system: the role of the distribution system operator. More information
- Moritz Hentschel (2016) Facilitating the deployment of solar energy at the Port of Rotterdam through an energy cooperative. More information.
- André Richter (2012): Renewable energy sources, distributed generation, smart grid and prosumers: Is the electric power landscape shifting towards a closed-loop supply chain? More information.