The reason that you chose your preferred destinations plays a crucial role in the selection process, in both your letter and during your 10-minutes interview. Therefore, we advise you to devote a sufficient amount of time to prepare your application and interview. The motivation letter is part of the online application for your exchange.
Your motivation letter should be written in English and:
- include a very short personal introduction;
- describe why the exchange is an added value upon completion of your master programme;
- describe in what way your top 3 of exchange destinations will contribute to your future career;
- describe your characteristics relevant for an exchange abroad (international orientation, independent nature, previous international experiences);
- describe in which way you will represent the RSM at the partner school;
- be concluded with the following sentence/statement: I WILL .........................................................
This motivation letter may not exceed 6.000 characters (text and spaces). If you copy-paste from Word, please keep in mind that Word does not count hard returns as a character, the online application system does.
The more personal your motivation letter, the more you stand out from the crowd applying for the same destinations.