At RSM, the Information Management & Consulting department (IMC) is the primary IT and innovation partner. Within the team, information management professionals such as information managers, IT business consultants and functional application managers work closely together to accelerate the primary processes of the organisation – education and research, and its many supporting functions, such as marketing, recruitment and administrative processes – with ICT facilities and innovations. We articulate and channel the demand for ICT resources to our various ICT suppliers both inside and outside of the business school, and facilitate and guide innovation projects.
You will be part of RSM’s Business Consultant team and work closely together with all departments at RSM. You will report to the Manager Business Innovation at RSM.
Your main tasks
- Work with RSM departments to articulate demand for process improvements and IT innovations and help make business cases for these innovations.
- Collaborate with information managers to realise strategic IT innovation projects.
- Identify the right solutions for these needs.
- Organise business and IT to successfully implement these solutions.
- Go the extra mile in ensuring RSM is successful in these initiatives, both in the short term (delivering on projects) and the long term (optimising business value of these innovations).
- Bridge business and IT.
You will be considered for this position if you have:
- A relevant qualification at least at bachelor level (Dutch hbo-degree) in business informatics, business administration, information management or similar.
- Business insights and IT affinity; you understand business management challenges and provide solutions from a multidisciplinary viewpoint.
- Experience in IT project management and solution implementations.
- Experience with process-, information- and IT-architecture.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively manage and facilitate groups.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills.
- Excellent command of the Dutch and English language (CEFR C1).
Your required competencies
Preferably you also have:
- Experience with agile methodologies (such as Scrum).
- Knowledge of application management organisation and procedures (such as BiSL).
- Experience with multiple IT-platforms (Microsoft knowledge is a plus).
- Experience with platforms for education and learning.
- Knowledge of higher education institutions and their processes.
- Strong process optimisation skills (such as Lean).
- Experience with IT demand management (including designing and managing SLAs).
In addition to this professional knowledge, we are looking for a meticulous, customer-friendly colleague with excellent analytical skills. You are able to work independently, and you are also a team player. You can take initiative, connect with others easily, and possess the necessary social assertiveness. In connection with the international character of our team, an excellent command of English is a must.
We offer an ambitious, international and dynamic environment, in which we compete with the top universities in the world. You will be part of a close, innovation-driven team on a vibrant university campus and will have a unique position to help bring two faculties closer together. Your ambition and personal drive will be greatly valued, and we invest in personal development.
This position is for a period ot two year total, starting with a contract for 12 months.
The conditions of employment correspond with the collective labour agreement for Dutch Universities (CAO NU).
Salary is subject to training and experience and may vary from a minimum of € 2,836 gross per month (scale 10 CAO NU) up to a maximum of € 5,211 gross per month (scale 11 CAO NU), based on a full-time contract of 38 hours.
Erasmus University has attractive employment conditions, which include a holiday allowance of 8 per cent, an end-of-year bonus of 8.3 per cent, and a considerable amount of days off. More information is available at www.eur.nl/en/working/eur-employer.
Are you interested in this position? We would like to hear from you before 8 December 2021. Make sure to upload your:
- letter of application including your motivation (in English)
- CV (in English or Dutch)
For questions about the position, please contact Angela Rappard, manager business innovation at Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM), via email@example.com.
Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM) is one of Europe’s top-ranked business schools. RSM provides ground-breaking research and education furthering excellence in all aspects of management and is based in the international port city of Rotterdam – a vital nexus of business, logistics and trade. RSM’s primary focus is on developing business leaders with international careers who can become a force for positive change by carrying their innovative mindset into a sustainable future. Our first-class range of bachelor, master, MBA, PhD and executive programmes encourage them to become critical, creative, caring and collaborative thinkers and doers. Study information and activities for future students, executives and alumni are also organised from the RSM office in Chengdu, China. www.rsm.nl
RSM is an equal opportunity employer and explicitly encourages applications from candidates of all genders, ethnicities, and nationalities.