As a full-time lecturer of business information management at Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM), you are part of a strong community of 90 researchers and lecturers, including more than 40 PhD candidates in information systems, supply chain management and innovation management. You join a department which has a strong research and teaching tradition, along with an international orientation to the academic and business communities. Our specialised MSc in Business Information Management (BIM) is ranked among the best programmes in the world. The BIM department is one of the founding members of the MScBA in Business Analytics and Management. The department is also involved in RSM’s extensive portfolio of post-experience education such as the executive MBA programmes.
For more information about the group: https://www.rsm.nl/research/departments/technology-and-operations-management/business-information/
You educate and inspire the next generation of managers as they investigate the opportunities presented by data analytics (machine learning, deep learning, data mining) and new information technologies (platforms, cloud computing, AI, internet-of-things, blockchain).
This is your chance to join a dedicated team of scholars who contribute to education in the field of Information Systems and Data Science.
- You have or expect to soon complete a PhD in information systems, economics, computer science, marketing, econometrics or a closely related field.
- You demonstrate a strong interest and a proven track record in one of the abovementioned fields.
- You have a strong background in quantitative empirical data analysis methods, such as econometrics, statistics and machine learning.
- You have completed your University Teaching Qualification (BKO) or equivalent, or you are willing to acquire your BKO in the short term.
Your required competences
- You demonstrate a potential for excellence in teaching.
- You are familiar with online education platforms (e.g., Canvas, Zoom), techniques for inspiring successful blended learning and have an ability to provide critical yet constructive feedback.
- You can teach in English. The ability to teach in Dutch is to your advantage.
- You are a team player and are open to collaboration with various faculty members across the different courses.
Employment conditions and benefits
We offer you the following:
- A start date of 1 April 2024, although we can also discuss an earlier start date.
- A position currently defined at the level of lecturer, on a temporary basis for a maximum of two years. Subsequent promotion to senior lecturer with a permanent contract is possible with a track record of excellent teaching.
- A competitive salary, based on your experience. Please see our employment conditions below.
The conditions of employment correspond with the collective labour agreement for Dutch Universities (CAO NU).
Salary is subject to training and experience and may vary and up to a maximum of
€ 4,494.00 gross per month (scale 11-1 CAO NU), based on a full-time contract of 38 hours.
Erasmus University has attractive employment conditions, which include a holiday allowance of 8 per cent, an end-of-year bonus of 8.3 per cent and a considerable amount of vacation days. More information is available at www.eur.nl/werkenbij/hr_informatie.
Additionally, we offer you excellent training and career development opportunities. You closely collaborate with experienced faculty members to develop and deliver courses at the bachelor and master levels. RSM has a dedicated Learning Innovation Team, which supports you as a faculty member in the improvement and innovation of your courses and programmes.
The Business Information Management (BIM) department is a vibrant community which offers world-class research and education on advanced information technologies and systems and its impact on firms, markets and customers. Together with students, companies and partner universities, we investigate topics such as digital strategy and business, platform ecosystems, artificial intelligence for business, personalisation and the privacy paradox, smart city platforms, and digital technologies for a sustainable and carbon-neutral society.
Faculty / Institute / Central service
Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM) is one of Europe’s top-ranked business schools. RSM provides ground-breaking research and education furthering excellence in all aspects of management and is based in the international port city of Rotterdam – a vital nexus of business, logistics and trade. RSM’s primary focus is on developing business leaders with international careers who can become a force for positive change by carrying their innovative mindset into a sustainable future. Our first-class range of bachelor, master, MBA, PhD and executive programmes encourage them to become critical, creative, caring and collaborative thinkers and doers. www.rsm.nl
RSM is an equal opportunity employer and explicitly encourages applications from candidates of all genders, ethnicities, and nationalities.
Are you interested in this vacancy? Be sure to apply before 31 March 2024. Screening starts as soon as we receive the applications and will continue until the position is filled.
Please include the following in your application:
- Letter of interest
- Curriculum vitae
- Teaching statement
- Teaching evaluations
Do you have questions about this vacancy? Please contact Dr Dimitrios Tsekouras, academic director of MSc BIM (email@example.com), or Yanick Kuper, BIM programme coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org).