PR officer for research communications
Tuesday, 10 December 2019
Corporate Marketing and Communications
- Contact Details:
For more information about the position, or to send your application, contact Madelon Fontein via email@example.com.
You can send any material you think will best support your application. This includes items such as a CV, a motivation letter, portfolio items, a showreel, or other examples of your work in various media formats, and testimonials.
- Saturday, 1 February 2020
Academic researchers at RSM study marketing, innovation, strategy, organisation, finance, data analysis and logistics and other fields in management. RSM is looking for a communications professional who can ensure that the school’s top-ranked research reaches the broad audience that it deserves through national and international media channels, and via our own communication channels. The goal is always to create impact and thought leadership in business, and to enhance the school’s reputation.
Your main tasks
You will be responsible for the school’s online research communication platform RSM Discovery - www.rsm.nl/discovery. It features short articles, video documentaries and interviews with academics that explain academic research results concisely to the business community, highlighting the practical implications and societal impact of the research.
For this, we’re looking for a PR officer with a flair for research communications.
You will be expected to:
- Independently and frequently initiate and produce multimedia content for the RSM Discovery platform, including journalistic videos (possibly with external help), articles, press releases and social media content (in English and Dutch)
- Create and implement a communications plan for each press release or video to generate national and international exposure, enhancing the reputation of the school
- Build relationships with national and international media representatives, and be the first point of contact for media queries on research matters
- Find, interpret and help to explain complex scientific management research to primarily business professionals in a clear, relevant and impactful way
- Assist with internal and external communications
- Advise, support and prepare RSM academics for media appearances
- Work closely with the communication manager, as well as with RSM’s online and editorial teams, to produce engaging multimedia stories.
- Higher professional education (Dutch HBO) or university qualifications
- Proven experience in journalistic function with media, or as a corporate reporter
- Ability to work with and supervise (external) vendors such as video teams
- Understanding of PR, social media and creating the appropriate exposure
- Excellent written and spoken Dutch and English for internal and external communications (C1).
- Affinity with academics and the academic world, in particular business administration
- Knowledge of business trends
- Experience with publishing online content in CMS
- Extensive media network, or the ability to quickly connect with journalists and build a network
- Organisational sensitivity
- Externally focused
- Keen to take the initiative
- Energetic, inquisitive and creative
- Focused on multi-media; experience with social media and analytics for evaluation purposes
The conditions of employment correspond with the collective labour agreement for Dutch Universities (CAO NU). Salary ranking is based on education and experience, and may vary from a minimum of € 3,673 to a maximum of € 4,978 gross per month (scale 11 CAO NU), based on a full-time contract of 38 hours. Erasmus University has attractive employment conditions, which include a holiday allowance of 8 per cent, an end-of-year bonus of 8.3 per cent, and a generous number of vacation days.
Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM) is one of Europe’s top 10 business schools. RSM provides ground-breaking research and education furthering excellence in all aspects of management and is based in the international port city of Rotterdam – a vital nexus of business, logistics and trade. RSM’s primary focus is on developing business leaders with international careers who can become a force for positive change by carrying their innovative mindset into a sustainable future. Our first-class range of bachelor, master, MBA, PhD and executive programmes encourage them to become critical, creative, caring and collaborative thinkers and doers. Study information and activities for future students, executives and alumni are also organised from the RSM office in Chengdu, China. www.rsm.nl
RSM is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualifying candidates of all genders, ethnicities, and nationalities.