RSM regularly organizes Virtual Information Sessions about the programme structure, student life and other relevant topics. To view the schedule, please check out the events overview.
Due to on-going covid-19 situation in the Netherlands, it is unfortunately not possible to take advantage of our regular student-for-a-day events or schedule a campus tour until further notice. However, there is an online student-for-a-day alternative that takes place during certain times of the year which you are welcome to sign up for.
The campus is open so you can come and take a look at the facilities yourself if you wish, or you can take a virtual tour of the campus.
Please note that depending on the situation in relation to Covid-19, an online alternative might be offered for our Open Days.
Questions for the RSM Admissions Office?
> Check our Frequently Asked Questions.
TOP Frequently Asked Questions:
For current applicants
- My final diploma and grade list have been sent to RSM in order to complete my enrolment. I have not heard anything since then. Have my documents been received?
- I receive my International Baccalaureate (IB) results on 5 July. When can I expect my unconditional offer?
- I've been offered admission but my Studielink status still says "Enrolment application submitted". When can I expect this to change?
- What do I need to do to complete my enrolment?
- How does COVID-19 affect education for the 2021-2022 academic year?
For prospective applicants planning to apply for the September 2022 start
- What is the application deadline for IBA?
- What are the requirements for my diploma?
- Can my eligibility be assessed before I offiially apply for admission?
- Can I submit my proof of English proficiency and/or Mathematics exam (OMPT-A) result after I have applied?
- I am currently studying at another university. Can I complete my bachelor programme at RSM?
> Can't find the answer in the FAQ's? Use our CONTACT FORM to send your question directly to us. We'll get back to you as soon as possible. Due to the high volume of messages received daily, we may need up to 5 working days to reply to your enquiry. We therefore strongly recommend that you first consult our admissions pages and Frequently Asked Questions. If the RSM admissions office asks you for additional information, you need to upload that directly to your application. DO NOT SEND DOCUMENTS TO US BY-EMAIL!
Opening Hours RSM Admissions Office: Tuesdays & Wednesdays between 9:30 and 15:30
RSM IBA Admissions Office
Burgemeester Oudlaan 50
Mandeville Building, Room T5-01
3062 PA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
The RSM Admissions Office is available by phone for urgent questions at +31 10 408 9591 on:
Questions regarding the ranking can only be answered by email (not by phone).
Mondays: 15.00 - 16.00 (CET). There are no phone hours on Monday 2 August. Instead we have phone hours on TUESDAY 3 AUGUST FROM 15.00-16.00 (CET)
Thursdays: 15.00 - 16.00 (CET). There are no phone hours on Thursday 29 July. Instead we have phone hours on FRIDAY 30 JULY FROM 15.00-16.00 (CET)
Please have your student number at hand.
Check for regular updates as the phone hours may be adjusted.
Please note that if you can't reach us we are most likely on the phone at that moment. We can't follow up voice mails so we kindly ask you to call us again at bit later.
- Tuition fees - If you have specific question regarding the tuition fees, please contact the Erasmus Student Service Centre (ESSC)
- Scholarships - With questions about the scholarship procedure, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Immigration process (VISA and residence permits) - For questions about the immigration application at RSM/ Erasmus University, you can send an email to email@example.com
- For the most complete information about housing, visit the general housing pages of the Erasmus Student Service Centre (ESSC). On the IBA programme pages you can find specific housing information for IBA students.