RSM non-EEA Scholarship of Excellence
Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University offers scholarships to prospective IBA students from non-EEA countries who are not entitled to pay the EEA tuition fee, provided their grades are considered ‘excellent’.
Partial tuition fee waiver
- The amount of the scholarship for the academic year 2018/2019 is approximately € 6,940;
- The scholarship will be awarded for the first year of the IBA programme only, provided excellence in previous education is proven;
- The scholarship will be subtracted from the full non-EEA tuition fee (€ 9,000) before the start of the academic year, enabling you to immediately pay the reduced tuition fee; either at once or in instalments.
Application is open for prospective IBA students (thus, not currently enrolled students) starting their studies in 2018/2019 from all non-EEA countries. The university may give preference to students with one of the following nationalities:
- Taiwanese / Korean / Filipino
- Indonesian / Vietnamese / Thai
- Iranian / Iraqi
- Azerbaijani / Georgian
- African (all countries)
Additionally, the school may strive for a certain distribution over the continents.
- Excellence in previous education is proven if the grade point average achieved at secondary school (measured to date) is at least the equivalent of the Dutch grade of 8.0 on the Dutch grading scale 1 – 10. For prospective students who have also attended higher education after secondary education grades obtained in higher education will be considered as well. The RSM Scholarship Committee will decide on the local grade equivalents for the Dutch grade of 8.0 using (a.o.) the grade information included in the Nuffic country modules;
- You cannot receive any other scholarships exceeding the amount of € 5,000 in total in that same academic year;
- By accepting this scholarship you agree to assist the RSM Recruitment and Admissions Office in the role of an Ambassador with promotional and support activities for approximately 8 hours per month during the academic year;
- By accepting this scholarship you agree to start your visa procedure before 1 June 2018. RSM holds the right to cancel your scholarship if you have not started your visa procedure and will offer the scholarship to a student on the scholarship waiting list.
The first step is to register for the IBA programme in Studielink. (Note that you cannot apply for a scholarship in Studielink). Once you have registered yourself, you will receive a link for our online application form (OLAF). Please upload the scholarship application letter of maximum 1 A4 size page in OLAF including the following:
- an explanation why you would need a scholarship, comprising a description of your current financial situation;
- an explanation why you would deserve a scholarship, comprising a description of academic excellence and if applicable other merits;
- a clear financial plan of how you are going to finance year 2 and 3 of the IBA programme;
- a signed statement indicating that other scholarships awarded do not exceed the amount of € 5,000 in total;
- if applicable: certified copies of other scholarships granted.
The RSM Scholarship Committee will determine award recipient(s) on 15 April 2018 and will be informed on 15 April 2018.
Should you have any questions, the RSM Scholarship Committee can be contacted through our contact form.
Go back to selection