RSM non-EEA Scholarship of Excellence
Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University offers scholarships to prospective IBA students from non-EEA countries who are not entitled to pay the EEA tuition fee, provided their grades are considered ‘excellent’.
Partial tuition fee waiver
- The scholarship is in the form of a tuition fee waiver and fully covers the difference between the non-EEA tuition fee and the EEA tuition fee. You will always have to pay at least the statutory tuition fee, which is € 2,083 in 2019/2020.
- No actual transmission of money takes place. The scholarship part will be subtracted from the full non-EEA tuition fee (€ 9,200) before the start of the academic year, enabling you to immediately pay the reduced tuition fee; either at once or in instalments.
- The scholarship will be awarded for the first year of the IBA programme only.
- The amount of the scholarship for the academic year 2019/2020 is approximately € 7,100.
Application is open for prospective IBA students starting their studies in 2019/2020 from all non-EEA countries. The university may give preference to students with one of the following nationalities:
- Taiwanese / Korean / Filipino
- Indonesian / Vietnamese / Thai
- Iranian / Iraqi
- Azerbaijani / Georgian
- African (all countries)
Additionally, the school may strive for a certain distribution over the continents.
- Excellence in previous education is proven if the grade point average achieved at secondary school (measured to date) is at least the equivalent of the Dutch grade of 8.0 on the Dutch grading scale 1 – 10.
- For prospective students who have also attended higher education after secondary education grades obtained in higher education will be considered as well. The RSM Scholarship Committee will decide on the local grade equivalents for the Dutch grade of 8.0 using (a.o.) the grade information included in the Nuffic country modules;
- Only students who are not recipients of any other scholarships exceeding the amount of € 5,000 in total in that same academic year can apply for the scholarship;
- By accepting this scholarship you agree to assist the RSM Recruitment and Admissions Office in the role of an Ambassador with promotional and support activities for approximately 8 hours per month during the academic year;
- By accepting this scholarship you agree to start your visa procedure before 1 June 2019. RSM holds the right to cancel your scholarship if you have not started your visa procedure and holds the right to offer the scholarship to a student on the scholarship waiting list.
First step is to register for the Bachelor International Business Administration programme in Studielink. Once you have registered yourself, you will receive a link to our Online Application Form (OLAF).
It is not possible to choose for a specific scholarship in OLAF. RSM will choose recipients for specific scholarships. RSM will take your scholarship application into consideration as long as you meet the minimum requirements and meet the deadline(s).
- A scholarship application letter in OLAF of maximum 1 A4 size page, including the following information:
- an explanation why you would need a scholarship, comprising a description of your current financial situation;
- an explanation why you would deserve a scholarship, comprising a description of academic excellence and if applicable other merits;
- A clear financial plan of how you are going to finance year 2 and 3 of the IBA programme.
- If applicable: certified copies of other scholarships granted.
Applicants can apply from 10 October 2018 until 31 January 2019.
The RSM Scholarship Committee will determine award recipient(s) on 15 April 2019.
Should you have any questions, the RSM Scholarship Committee can be contacted through our contact form.
Go back to selection