Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University offers scholarships to prospective IBA students from non-EEA countries who are not entitled to pay the EEA tuition fee, provided their grades are considered ‘excellent’.
- The scholarship is granted in the form of a tuition fee waiver and covers the difference between the non-EEA tuition fee (€11,600 in 2024-2025) and the EEA tuition fee (€2,530 in 2024-2025);
- No actual transmission of money takes place. The scholarship part will be subtracted from the full non-EEA tuition fee before the start of the academic year, enabling you to immediately pay the reduced tuition fee; either at once or in installments.
- The scholarship will be awarded for the first year of the IBA programme only.
Application is open for prospective IBA students from all non-EEA countries who do not have a degree yet from an educational institution in the Netherlands, starting their studies in 2024-2025. The university may give preference to students with one of the following nationalities:
- Taiwanese / Korean / Filipino
- Indonesian / Vietnamese / Thai
- Iranian / Iraqi
- Azerbaijani / Georgian
- African (all countries)
Additionally, the school may strive for a certain distribution over the continents.
- Excellence in previous education is proven if the grade point average achieved at secondary school is at least equivalent to the Dutch grade of 8.0 on the Dutch grading scale 1 – 10.
- For prospective students who have also attended higher education after secondary education, grades obtained in higher education will be considered as well. The RSM Scholarship Committee will decide on the local grade equivalents for the Dutch grade of 8.0 using (a.o.) the grade information included in the Nuffic country modules;
- Only students who are not recipients of any other scholarships exceeding the amount of € 5,000 in total in that same academic year can apply for the scholarship;
- By accepting this scholarship you agree to assist the RSM Recruitment and Admissions Office in the role of an Ambassador with promotional and support activities for approximately 8 hours per month during the academic year;
- By accepting this scholarship you agree to start your visa procedure before 1 June 2024. RSM holds the right to cancel your scholarship if you have not started your visa procedure and holds the right to offer the scholarship to a student on the scholarship waiting list.
First step is to register for the Bachelor International Business Administration programme in Studielink. Once you have registered yourself, you will receive a link to our Online Application Form (OLAF).
It is not possible to apply for a specific scholarship in OLAF. RSM will determine whether you will be awarded a scholarship and - if so - which specific scholarship. RSM will only take your scholarship application into consideration as long as you meet the minimum requirements and meet the deadline(s).
- Answering the following two questions in your application:
- why you would need a scholarship, comprising a description of your current financial situation
- an explanation why you would deserve a scholarship, comprising a description of academic excellence and if applicable other merits
- A budget plan using this template, explaining how you are going to finance year 1, 2 and 3 of the IBA programme
Applicants can apply from 1 October 2023 until 31 January 2024.
The RSM Scholarship Committee will determine award recipient(s) on 15 April 2024.
Any questions? The RSM Scholarship Committee can be contacted via firstname.lastname@example.org