Leading Business Services
Leading Business Services
Servitization means your organisation can earn sustainable revenue growth while strengthening client relationships. Although an attractive prospect, transforming an organisation from a product to a service-focused organisation affects all aspects of an organisation: its strategy, finances, marketing and sales activities, and its day-to-day operations.
You will benefit from the Leading Business Services programme if you are involved in bringing about sustainable change and innovation in your organisation. Becoming a true service provider means developing new business models, implementing new organisational structures, and changing the way in which performance is managed.
Managers and professionals already working in business services, or planning to in future, will find it helpful to learn from the faculty of both schools, and exchange views with a network of fellow participants from other participating organisations.
Changing the mindset of your company requires a clear vision and new leadership. You will learn from the programme’s entrepreneurial spirit, hands-on attitude, and knowledge about sustainable revenue growth. The programme generates immediate value, given the rapid development of the market, and is a sound investment for the long term. The programme features:
- an inspiring and challenging learning environment
- assignments where you apply your learning to your company’s activities
- workshops to develop and evaluate new business service propositions
- your own project focusing on a servitization challenge, coached by academic and business experts
- a certificate awarded by SBE and RSM.
The Leading Business Services programme consists of five two-day modules, and a graduation day. Each module is taught over two consecutive days of classes. The programme is taught in English at RSM and at Maastricht University, School of Business and Economics. The consecutive days of classes run from 9:00 – 18:30 on the first day, and from 09:00 – 17:00 on the second day.
Module 1: Kick-off and service strategies
20 – 21 September 2018 in Rotterdam
- The why and how of moving and developing services
- Defining projects:
1. What is your project?
2. What do you want to learn?
3. Which themes are essential for your project?
Module 2: Servitization and digital innovation
29 – 30 October 2018 in Maastricht
- Challenges of business services
- Service design thinking as a tool
- Transforming a product-oriented company into a service-oriented company
- The effects of digital innovation
Module 3: Compete
26 – 27 November 2018 in Rotterdam
- Developing a value proposition for services
- Service delivery and value added services
- Pricing as an import element of the services marketing mix
- Customer relations and partnerships
- Drivers of sales performance
- Decision-making units and team selling
Module 4: Operate and co-operate
28 – 29 January 2019 in Maastricht
- How to organise for business services?
- Insourcing and outsourcing of business services
- Value-based sourcing
- Total cost of ownership versus value contract management
- Developing and maintaining effective relationships with service suppliers
Module 5: Financial management
18 – 19 March 2019 in Rotterdam
- Building a financial business case
- Identify the key value drivers and key performance indicators that affect the financial value of the project
- Sensitivity and scenario analysis on the business case and value creation potential for risk analysis
- Explore different ways to finance the project and the impact on value creation
- Accounting implications of the operational and financial structuring of the project
17 May 2019 in Maastricht
- Presentation of the individual company project
You will benefit from the Leading Business Services programme if you are a mid- to senior-level manager or professional in the manufacturing or service industry, and involved in, or planning to embark upon, a business transformation process.
Because servitization of a business affects all aspects of an organisation, we welcome participants from all business disciplines in your organisation to apply: finance, strategy, marketing and sales, and operations, as well as those directly tasked with a transformation, innovation, or servitization roles. You are encouraged to attend with one or more colleagues to benefit optimally from this programme.
Most participants have a university degree and would like to deepen and broaden their knowledge of servitization. Participants should be prepared to be interactive, and openly discuss and co-create with academics and fellow participants in Rotterdam and in Maastricht.
Several companies contributed to the development of the Leading Business Services programme. Each of them has a strategy to strengthen and grow Business Services, and all recognise the need to develop leaders who can enable the companies to implement their strategy.
Océ is one of the leading providers of document management and printing for professionals. The Océ offering includes office printing and copying systems, high speed digital production printers and wide format printing systems for both technical documentation and colour display graphics. Océ is also a foremost supplier of document management outsourcing. In 2010 Océ joined the Canon Group of companies with headquarters in Tokyo, Japan, to create the global leader in the printing industry.
Philips is a leading company in health and well-being. It serves professional and consumer markets through three overlapping sectors: Lighting, Healthcare and Consumer Lifestyle. Philips demonstrates its capacity for innovation by translating customer insights into meaningful technology and applications that improve the quality of people’s lives.
The 11-day, modular Leading Business Services programme is led by a team of expert faculty from Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and Maastricht University, School of Business and Economics.
11 days spread over 7 months
Structure Five modules and a graduation day Locations Maastricht and Rotterdam Dates 20 September 2018 - 17 May 2019
Leading Business Services aims at professionals with an ambition to become business services leaders. Most candidates come from manufacturing and technology industries, but the programme is also open to candidates from other sectors. After we receive your completed application, you will be invited for an intake interview.
The fee for the Leading Business Services programme is €10,500 (excl. 21% VAT). This covers tuition costs and learning materials (readers, cases and books). This fee does not include hotel accommodation or travel costs.