In today’s knowledge economy, negotiation among peers is at the heart of just about every successful endeavour. Any woman seeking to develop her career path and maintain her professional and personal interests needs to be familiar with negotiation tools and techniques that would allow her to leverage her knowledge and strength. This workshop is targeted at women who engage in corporate activity, politics or NGOs and want to negotiate from a position of knowledge and strength while maintaining their social relationships intact.
By participating in this programme, you will:
- enhance your understanding of the challenges and advantages you face as a women when negotiating
- explore different types of negotiations know what information you need to prepare for a negotiation to maximise your outcomes and not fall in a novice trap
- learn concepts that will help you evaluate alternatives, interests and parties in the negotiation
- increase your awareness of how appropriate your assertiveness level is
- receive recommendations on how you can fine-tune your negotiation effectiveness.
RSM Executive Education’s women in business programmes are offered in partnership with the Erasmus Centre for Women and Organisations (ECWO). ECWO is committed to women’s continued advancement into leadership positions by contributing to management education and actively engaging in the gender debate.
The Negotiating for Success: Women, Careers and Business programme brings together a dynamic group of women who have the potential to take on more senior roles in their organisations. Participants will come from a variety of organisations, including public and private companies and non-profit organisations, and from various levels of management.
The Negotiating for Success: Women, Careers and Business workshop is led by Dr Joana Vassilopoulou and Prof. Dianne Bevelander.
Dr Joana Vassilopoulou
Joana Vassilopoulou is an associate professor in HRM at Kent Business School, University of Kent, United Kingdom. Her research focuses on gender and race equality at work, diversity management and talent management. As a certified trainer in Managing Gender and Diversity and HRM, she has developed and delivered trainings for organisations in countries such as, Germany, France and the United Arab Emirates. Joanna is published in journals such as the European Journal of Industrial Relations, International Business Review and the International Journal of Human Resource Management. She has obtained her PhD in Management from Norwich Business School, University of East Anglia.
Prof. Dianne Bevelander
Dianne Bevelander is Executive Director of the Erasmus Centre for Women and Organisations at RSM. She is also Professor of Management Education with a focus on Women in Management. Previously Dianne was the Associate Dean, MBA Programs at RSM. She has held several successful strategic leadership and management positions. Dianne is a champion of diversity and inclusion. She teaches personal leadership development to both MBA-students at the RSM and at various other business schools internationally. Furthermore she runs masterclasses for corporate women and is often asked to speak on diversity for companies and many international organisations.
On this page you will find practical information about the one-day workshop Negotiating for Success: Women, Careers and Business.
€ 800 (excl. 21% VAT) including course materials, lunches, and snacks. This fee does not include hotel accommodation.
10% discount for alumni from Erasmus University Rotterdam and RSM. More information about the discount.
Cancellation notices must be received by email: email@example.com. The following cancellation fees apply:
- More than 14 days before the programme’s start date: 25% of the programme fee will be charged
- Between 14 and 7 days before the programme’s start date: 75% of the programme fee will be charged
- 7 days or fewer before the programme’s start date: 100% of the programme fee will be charged
- Cancellations received on or after the programme’s start date: 100% of the programme fee will be charged.
The participant can be substituted by someone from the same company on the same course without extra costs.
General terms and conditions
The programmes take place at Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University, Bayle Building, Burgemeester Oudlaan 50, Rotterdam.
If you require hotel accommodation in Rotterdam, we recommend Novotel Rotterdam Brainpark, adjacent to the university.