Essentials of Coaching
Essentials of Coaching
This two-day Essentials of Coaching programme from RSM Executive Education uses ‘learning through reflection and doing’ to give you precise coaching tools that will help you to get the best out of others. You will gain new skills and insights, and find out what really works in the coaches’ toolbox. It is taught entirely in English by experts and experienced practitioners at Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University.
In recent years, business coaching has matured into a platform for leadership development and organisational change – and many companies show clear evidence of the benefits of leadership coaching initiatives. These companies acknowledge the importance of nurturing coaching skills to help achieve organisational goals.
The Essentials of Coaching workshop teaches the coaching skills needed to operate effectively, and to improve the performance of people around you.
During the programme, you will:
- learn how to get the best from others and how to increase engagement and ownership of tasks
- understand how to precisely structure an effective coaching intervention
- drive performance results that meet the needs of the team and the business
- maximise coaching time for greatest impact and set appropriate coaching targets to increase performance
- know how to attain a balance in directive and non-directive leadership.
RSM’s two-day Essentials of Coaching programme is designed for anyone who needs to get the best out of others, either formally or informally. Someone who is a manager expecting to be promoted soon, those who currently have no people management responsibilities but are expecting to get them, or a first-time people-manager could particularly benefit from this workshop.
The two-day programme Essentials of Coaching at RSM is led by Paul Kerr.
Paul Kerr is visiting faculty for the Executive Education department of RSM. Originally trained as a psychologist and having spent the majority of his working life in business he has trained coaches for over 15 years. His special interests include Leadership Development, Executive Coaching and Organisational Learning. He has designed and delivered training programmes internationally in areas such as coaching skills, coach-the-coach and leadership development. His background lies in management training and development, human resources management, consulting and coaching in the Netherlands, UK and Japan.
On this page you will find practical information about the two-day programme Essentials of Coaching.
€ 1,600 (excl. 21% VAT) including course materials, lunches, and snacks. This fee does not include hotel accommodation.
10% discount for alumni from Erasmus University Rotterdam and RSM. More information about the discount.
Cancellation notices must be received by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. The following cancellation fees apply:
- More than 14 days before the programme’s start date: 25% of the programme fee will be charged
- Between 14 and 7 days before the programme’s start date: 75% of the programme fee will be charged
- 7 days or fewer before the programme’s start date: 100% of the programme fee will be charged
- Cancellations received on or after the programme’s start date: 100% of the programme fee will be charged.
The participant can be substituted by someone from the same company on the same course without extra costs.
General terms and conditions
The programmes take place at Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University, Bayle Building, Burgemeester Oudlaan 50, Rotterdam.
If you require hotel accommodation in Rotterdam, we recommend Novotel Rotterdam Brainpark, adjacent to the university.