Admissions & Application
Admissions & Application
To join our Global Executive OneMBA programme in 2021 (tentatively), please contact us for more information.
We have a rigorous selection process in place to ensure we attract and recruit the best participants for the OneMBA programme. These are the application requirements:
- Six years of postgraduate work experience, demonstrating your career progression.
- Candidates must have a university degree (bachelor, master, PhD) or equivalent.
Each candidate is evaluated individually on his or her demonstrated and potential abilities. The Admissions Committee will look for evidence of academic excellence and professional achievements. We also stress:
- commitment to learning
- English proficiency
- analytical and communication skills
- international exposure and breadth of perspective.
The relevance of the OneMBA programme to the candidate’s current role and responsibilities will also be considered. Previous study in business is not a requirement for admission; but some working knowledge of statistics and economics is an advantage.
How to get admitted into the OneMBA programme
1. Submit an online application
You can start your application here.
Note that the following documents need to be submitted as part of your online application:
- Two recommendation forms - you will need to provide the names and email addresses of two professional referees that you’ll invite via the platform to submit their feedback. Your referees will receive an automated link to fill in a reference form. As soon as they submit their feedback, you will receive a notification by the system.
- Copies of your certified diploma and transcripts (detailed list of courses and grades)
- Certified English or Dutch translations of your diplomas and transcripts (if the original language is not English or Dutch)
- Your passport copy
- Your CV
- Three essays*
- Non-refundable application fee (€ 100) – to be paid electronically at the end of the application
After your application has been submitted and reviewed, you may be invited to an admissions interview. Motivation, communication and interpersonal skills are assessed rigorously during the OneMBA admissions interview.
Shortly after the interview, your application will be discussed in RSM’s MBA Admissions Committee that will make the final decision concerning your application. The entire admissions process takes approximately 2-4 weeks after receiving your online application.
- Apply electronically via Embark
If you are taking the GMAT, please ensure you quote Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University, Executive MBA Global – OneMBA so your scores will be sent to us directly.
*Your three essays should address the following topics (for the 2021 intake) and be around 500 words per essay:
1. How do you see your career developing and how will this programme help you achieve your goals?
2. Describe how the socio-economic environment in which you live/work impacts your business decisions. Please explain your answer and use examples from your own experience whenever possible.
3. Describe the most difficult decision you have made and its effect on you.