Finance for Non-Financial Managers
Finance for Non-Financial Managers
Are you a non-financial manager who feels daunted by discussions with finance professionals, and wants to quickly grasp the important aspects of finance? Dr Arjen Mulder, senior lecturer in corporate finance, will provide you with the tools and insights you need to effectively deal with these challenges and help you turn them into a business advantage.
During Finance for Non-Financial Managers, you will acquire a strong grounding in the most widely used financial tools. In two days on campus – plus some online work prior to and after the course – you will learn about financial reporting in balance sheets, cash flow and income statements, and how these are used for decision-making, performance management, business improvements and valuation.
RSM's Finance for Non-Financial Managers includes an individual assignment and a follow-up feedback session with your professor to discuss your progress.
When you have completed this programme, you will be able to:
- explain how the role of finance can influence the overall success of an organisation
- understand the key tools used by financial specialists
- assess the financial performance of your organisation
- interpret and evaluate financial data with your newfound practical skills
- understand how organisations have become global leaders by driving their operational excellence
- utilise your new, practical skills to interpret and evaluate financial data.
The programme Finance for Non-Financial Managers is also a component of RSM's Diploma Programme in General Management.
This programme is suitable for all managers who wish to enhance their financial knowledge, including:
- current and prospective non-financial managers
- consultants with a non-financial background
- lawyers exposed to finance in their legal practice.
Most participants hold a bachelor or master degree, and some have a PhD in a field unrelated to finance.
If you are a manager with a quantitative background in engineering or sciences and you want to enhance your financial knowledge, we suggest you to take a look at our two-day Finance for Engineers programme.
* Based on a five points scale
Dr Arjen Mulder
is a senior lecturer in corporate finance at RSM. He earned his doctorate in business at Erasmus University Rotterdam, and now teaches corporate finance and financial management in RSM’s full-time MBA and executive education programmes. His research interests are in corporate finance, international finance, international business, and banking. He worked at the Netherlands Economic Institute (now Ecorys) prior to completing his PhD. Arjen set up Finance for Non-Financial Managers in 2010, and has taught it ever since. More than 1,000 managers from all over the world have already attended the programme. The programme is continuously updated, to ensure its relevance over time.
€ 2,350 (excl. 21% VAT) including course materials, lunches, and snacks. This fee does not include hotel accommodation.
€ 2,400(excl. 21% VAT) including course materials, lunches, and snacks. This fee does not include hotel accommodation.
10% discount for alumni from Erasmus University Rotterdam and RSM. More information about the discount.
Cancellation notices must be received by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. The following cancellation fees apply:
- More than 14 days before the programme’s start date: 25% of the programme fee will be charged
- Between 14 and 7 days before the programme’s start date: 75% of the programme fee will be charged
- 7 days or fewer before the programme’s start date: 100% of the programme fee will be charged
- Cancellations received on or after the programme’s start date: 100% of the programme fee will be charged.
The participant can be substituted by someone from the same company on the same course without extra costs.
General terms and conditions
The programmes take place at Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University, Bayle Building, Burgemeester Oudlaan 50, Rotterdam.
If you require hotel accommodation in Rotterdam, we recommend Novotel Rotterdam Brainpark, adjacent to the university.