Project Management in Practice
Project Management in Practice
Modern and effective project management techniques require skills that allow the seamless integration of best practice tools with good leadership and team management within an organisation. Learn best-practice tools and people skills for effective project management during our three-day Project Management in Practice programme, designed by RSM Executive Education.
You will explore every component of the project management landscape, including planning, controlling, reporting, team building, leadership, communications, and motivation. This includes finding effective solutions for your own real challenges by interacting with leading experts and your peers. And you will learn how to use effective management techniques to transform complex ideas into a structured and successful plan, and how to manage multi-disciplinary teams through good leadership, motivation and team building to accomplish large projects.
You will assess your performance using an online assessment – the Inventory of Project Management Kit™ – to compare your results to an international benchmark. You can put the concepts you learn during Project Management in Practice into action at work immediately.
Upon successful completion of this programme you will receive a certificate from RSM recognised by the Project Management Institute, and 24 Professional Development Units (PDUs). These can be applied to obtaining the title of Project Management Professional certification. To apply for certification you need an additional 12 PDUs (i.e. by online training) and prove of practical experience. Read the Project Management Institute webpages for more information.
During the programme, you will:
- learn how to organise and support projects
- explore best practices and tools in planning, organising, controlling, managing project risks, and successfully delivering projects
- discover how to create interactive project teams and empower them
- investigate the personal competencies that are vital for successful project management
- put your new knowledge into practice if you choose to work on your own projects during the course.
You will benefit from the Project Management in Practice programme if you are:
- a senior manager who oversees the work of project managers
- a project manager or team leader
- participating in projects or providing support to project teams.
"Useful programme describing project planning, components and behaviours. The interactive workshops embedded into the programme make it more effective by showing how principles of project management can be put into action. RSM provides a good speaker with pictorial diagrams and real life situations, which make the programme more interesting."
Swarna Palakollu, IT Service Delivery & Application Manager, ING Bank
“This programme is very much about practice and experiences. RSM draws quality people to this quality programme, so learning from peers across industries and cultures – in addition to content – adds great value.”
Lars Breedveld, director European operations, Samsung Electronics Europe Logistics
The Project Management in Practice programme is led by Dr Ingo Zborschil.
Dr Ingo Zborschil
Dr Ingo Zborschil is a visiting faculty member at RSM and a managing consultant for Siemens’ in-house Global Marketing Services. He is responsible for the acquisition, planning, control and project management of business-to-business global sales, marketing consulting and market research projects in different B2B industries. Ingo is also a certified management trainer for Siemens’ internal training institution for account management, product management and marketing management. He completed his PhD in marketing at Justus Liebig University Giessen.
€ 2,450 (excl. 21% VAT) including course materials, lunches, and snacks. This fee does not include hotel accommodation.
10% discount for alumni from Erasmus University Rotterdam and RSM. More information about the discount.
Cancellation notices must be received by email: email@example.com. The following cancellation fees apply:
- More than 14 days before the programme’s start date: 25% of the programme fee will be charged
- Between 14 and 7 days before the programme’s start date: 75% of the programme fee will be charged
- 7 days or fewer before the programme’s start date: 100% of the programme fee will be charged
- Cancellations received on or after the programme’s start date: 100% of the programme fee will be charged.
The participant can be substituted by someone from the same company on the same course without extra costs.
General terms and conditions
The programmes take place at Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University, Bayle Building, Burgemeester Oudlaan 50, Rotterdam.
If you require hotel accommodation in Rotterdam, we recommend Novotel Rotterdam Brainpark, adjacent to the university.