A student may pass the final exam with a 4.5 or higher for one examination part of the course year B1, provided that all components of course year B1 were passed, with the exception of the component with the 4.5 or higher, and this insufficient grade is compensated for by at least one rounded 7 or higher for another component of B1.
In addition, a student may pass the final exam with compensation of one failed course under the following conditions:
- it concerns a course of the year B2 or B3 with the exception of:
- regarding old style programme as referred to in Article 2.3b TER: trimester 7 courses with a value more than 7,5 EC and the Research Training/Bachelor Thesis, or
- regarding new style programme as referred to in Article 2.3a TER: B3 courses with a value more than 7,5 EC (such as minor, Internship, Exchange, etc), the course Advanced Research Methods (3 EC) and the Bachelor Project (7 EC), and
- the grade of the failed course is between 4.5 – 5.5, and
- the grade point average, mentioned in article 6.3 paragraph 1 Rules & Guidelines, is at least 7.0 (including the grade for the to-be compensated course).
Procedure: The B1 compensation rule will automatically be processed in Osiris. The B2/3 compensation rule will only be applied by the Examination Board upon student’s request. You can submit your request for compensation as of Thursday 15th June 2023 via Osiris Case in Osiris Student. The deadline for submitting your request is Monday 14th August 2023 23.59h. Your GPA will be calculated by the Student Administration, Department Study Progress and Diploma, whereafter the Examination Board will send you the final decision.
Please note, compensation requests for B2/3 will only be processed when all grades of B2/3 (including retakes) have been registered in Osiris.
- Last update:
- Wednesday, 5 July 2023