CMA Exam Preparation Course
CMA Exam Preparation Course
This programme is designed to prepare you for the professional Certified Management Accountant
(CMA®) exams, using RSM’s proven teaching methods and world-class faculty with CMA-approved learning
materials. During the two three-day sessions, you’ll receive valuable classroom tuition which you can use to
boost and direct your home studies.
This programme offers intensive preparation for the CMA® examination. Unique in the Benelux, this programme is designed for business professionals looking to develop their careers in accounting and control by formal certification.
RSM’s CMA-preparation course aims to prepare you for the two-part CMA exam, a valuable internationally recognised professional qualification in accounting and financial management. The course consists of 2 modules, for each part of the exam, and these can be followed separately. Other requirements for the CMA include membership of the IMA, plus a bachelor degree from an accredited college or university, and two continuous years of professional experience in management accounting or financial management.
During the programme, you will:
- receive the Wiley CMAexcel course materials providing a concise overview of topics, clearly outlining the learning objectives, and covering all exam materials
- learn from experienced faculty to help you through challenging topics and areas where you may need extra support
- receive guidance via an optimal self-study scheme and support in preparation for the exams
- have an Online Test Bank available to you, enhancing your self-learning and exam training
- learn through study materials specially selected by RSM faculty to further enhance your learning and help you recognise pitfalls.
The Institute of Management Accountants (IMA)
With a network of more than 80,000 professionals, IMA provides certification, the Certified Management Accountant (CMA), for internal financial management responsibilities, including planning, budgeting, business reporting, decision analysis and risk management. Members can achieve career development through access to one of IMA’s 300 local chapters, online professional communities, continuing education, information and resources.
The CMA preparation course is specifically of interest for people:
- who wish to acquire an international professional qualification in accounting and financial management
- who have some background knowledge of accounting or financial management at a basic level, for example a bachelor degree in business economics or business or management studies, who wish to extend their knowledge and skills in this area
- who value interactive learning sessions to prepare for professional exams and who recognise that self-study alone is not enough.
The CMA Preparation Course is led by Dr Stephan Kramer and Dr Miriam Koning.
Dr Stephan Kramer
Stephan Kramer is an assistant professor in management accounting and control. His teaching subjects include management accounting and control, and accounting information systems. Stephan’s research is focused on incentive system design, performance measurement and performance evaluation, and his papers have been published in various journals, such as Accounting, Organizations and Society, Management Accounting Research and Abacus. He obtained a PhD at WHU – Otto Beisheim School of Management in 2011, and holds a Master degree in business information systems from the University of Münster.
Dr Miriam Koning
Miriam Koning is an assistant professor in RSM’s Finance and Accounting department. Before joining RSM, Miriam worked in the international audit practice at Ernst & Young (EY). Miriam teaches courses in financial accounting and reporting to undergraduates, graduates and executives. Her research focuses on corporate financial reporting, with a particular interest in the effect of regulation on disclosure practices. She has published in Abacus and the International Review of Financial Analysis. She received her doctorate in financial reporting in 2014 from Erasmus University Rotterdam.
The six-day CMA Exam Preparation Course is taught in English and takes place in Rotterdam.
For more information, please contact our programme advisor Eugène Kerpen.
€ 7,250 (excl. 21% VAT) including course materials, such as Wiley CMAexcel materials and Online Test Bank, and lunches. This fee does not include hotel accommodation.
10% discount for EUR and RSM alumni.
Cancellation notices must be received by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. The following cancellation fees apply:
- More than 14 days before the programme’s start date: 25% of the programme fee will be charged
- Between 14 and 7 days before the programme’s start date: 75% of the programme fee will be charged
- 7 days or fewer before the programme’s start date: 100% of the programme fee will be charged
- Cancellations received on or after the programme’s start date: 100% of the programme fee will be charged.
The participant can be substituted by someone from the same company on the same course without extra costs.
General terms and conditions
Please click here to view RSM Executive Education’s general terms and conditions.
The programmes take place at Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University, Bayle (J) Building, Burgemeester Oudlaan 50, Rotterdam.
If you require hotel accommodation in Rotterdam, we recommend Novotel Rotterdam Brainpark, adjacent to the university.
IMA partnership benefits
RSM is an IMA-approved provider of CMA exam preparation training. Participants are entitled to 35% discount on membership of the IMA and the CMA entrance fee.