Sustained profitable growth is the main objective for most companies. However, corporate brands face many challenges, such as emerging disruptive technologies and platforms, social media, the globalisation of markets, and demands from consumers and stakeholders for brands to behave more ethically.
This three-day course discusses how a strong corporate brand can be the most important asset a company has for achieving growth. Participants will learn how to lead the building process for a strong and enduring corporate brand that gives focus to the entire organisation and aligns its diverse stakeholders towards sustained value creation.
By participating in this course, you will:
- learn how to develop a corporate brand and nurture it
- become familiar with investing in storytelling and story building as well as promoting it
- learn how to establish a vision that effectively moves an organisation towards its desired objectives
- develop skills how to diagnose and design an exceptional corporate brand experience
- learn how to align identity and vision with brand communications
- raise your awareness of managing a brand portfolio and choosing a value-maximising brand architecture
- become familiar with brand conscience and how to build one
The course includes lectures that provide theoretical frameworks, and case studies to help participants practise the theoretical concepts. In addition, visiting business practitioners will share their knowledge and personal experience.
This three-day programme is open for professionals with an interest in:
- Corporate communication, both internal and external
- Reputation management
It is recommended to have three or more years of work experience.
Oriol Iglesias is an associate professor at the ESADE Business School Marketing Department. Also at ESADE, he has been Chair of the Marketing Department and Director of the ESADE Brand Institute.
He is a member of numerous boards and committees – including: the executive committee of the European Marketing Academy; the editorial board of the Journal of Brand Management, the editorial review board of the Journal of Product and Brand Management; the scientific committee of the Academy of Marketing’s Special Interest Group on Brand, Identity, and Corporate Reputation; and the scientific committee of the Global Brand Conference.
Oriol has conducted in-company training and research for global leading brands such as Volkswagen, Porsche, Audi, Nestlé, Sara Lee, Telefónica, Orange, Banco de Santander, SAP and PwC.
He has co-authored several books on marketing, brand management, and relationship marketing. His latest book (2016) is “Brand Desire: How to Create Consumer Involvement and Inspiration”, published by Bloomsbury (London, UK). His research on brand management, co-creation, and customer experience management is published in top international academic journals – such as the California Management Review, European Journal of Marketing, Journal of Business Ethics, Journal of Organizational Change Management, Journal of Brand Management, Journal of Product and Brand Management, Marketing Intelligence and Planning, and Cross Cultural Management.
Borja Velón - Director EMEA Communications at Lenovo
- Borja Castresana - Former Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) at Danone, Desigual and Pronovias
15-17 October 2018
09:00 - 17:00
The course fee: € 2.600,-, includes tuition, course material and lunches
Bayle (J) Building, campus Woudestein
Burgemeester Oudlaan 50
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
If you require hotel accommodation in Rotterdam, we recommend Novotel Rotterdam Brainpark, adjacent to the university.
- 45-30 days prior to the start date of the programme: due 25% of programme fee
- 29 – 8 days prior to the start date of the programme: due 60% of programme fee
- 7 days or less prior to the start of the programme: due 100% of programme fee
To receive full refund, the notice of cancellation must be received more than 45 days prior to the start of the programme (a charge of 10% costs is applicable). If the programme is cancelled, liability is limited to the programme fee.
The participant can be substituted by someone from the same organisation on the same course without extra costs.
This course can also be taken as part of RSM's part-time Executive Master in Corporate Communication, a flexible and accredited master programme for communications professionals. Find out more: