Corporate Branding (online programme)
Corporate Branding (online programme)
Sustained profitable growth is the main objective for most companies. However, corporate brands face many challenges, such as emerging disruptive technologies and platforms, social media, the globalisation of markets, and demands from consumers and stakeholders for brands to behave more ethically.
This course for managers and executives explores how a strong corporate brand can be the most important asset a company has for achieving growth. Participants will learn how to lead the building process for a strong and enduring corporate brand that gives focus to the entire organisation and aligns its diverse stakeholders towards sustained value creation.
From the perspective of the organic view of the brand (OVB), you learn to see a corporate brand as a portfolio of meanings in a complex ecosystem that needs to be consistently managed – while accepting an increasing loss of managerial control over the corporate brand.
We discuss the central role of corporate brand identity as the glue that holds an organisation together and links heritage with aspirations. You also learn how to develop a corporate brand identity and nurture it so that it becomes enduring. We emphasise how a well-defined and shared corporate brand identity aligns brand and communication strategies, as well as business and innovation strategies.
- You will learn how an authentic and enduring identity, as well as an inspiring brand vision, are needed to build a strong corporate brand. You will discover how to establish a vision that effectively moves the organisation towards its desired goals and objectives for the next strategic planning period.
- The programme also discusses how to align identity and vision with brand communications and experience – and we underline the key role that corporate culture and organisational structure play in bringing a corporate brand strategy to life.
- One of the challenges that corporate brands face is a low level of customer trust, due to the perception that CSR policies and practices are false and often just greenwashing practices. Brands with a conscience are an emerging alternative and this perspective is discussed in depth.
- The best corporate brands invest in storytelling, but most importantly, they invest in story building. You will learn the meaning of this approach and how to promote it.
- Brands are not what they say they are – but what they do. It is necessary to understand the corporate brand experience and the financial implications of proactively managing this. You will learn how to diagnose and design an exceptional corporate brand experience.
- Many companies fail to properly manage their brand and product portfolios – and so overextend themselves and suffer severe managerial and financial problems. You will learn how to diagnose, prioritise, and manage a brand portfolio, and how to choose the brand architecture that maximises its value.
In the online version of Corporate Branding you will join our virtual classroom by using the ZOOM application.
You will experience the full masterclass including lectures, exercises, case studies, groupwork, review sessions, which have all been redesigned to meet the needs of online education. Oriol Iglesias is an energetic expert professor who will guide you through the sessions and ensures a balanced programme. The masterclass has been divided over four days in a week’s time, to make sure you have enough time in between the sessions to digest the information, and to optimise your personal input ánd output.
During breaks and after concluding the masterclass, we offer more opportunity to get to know your fellow participants better and keep building your network, with help of social networking technology.
You will benefit from this masterclass if you are professionals and want to understand the fundamental concepts of corporate branding and the latest developments of this continuously evolving topic. You will learn how to develop your corporate brand, and how to nurture it to become an enduring brand.
In our online classroom, you will meet a diverse group of accomplished, driven and open-minded professionals from Europe and beyond, working in various communication positions in the public and private sectors, NGOs, and consultancies. All participants should be educated toon at least bachelor level, and have at least three years of work experience.
Oriol Iglesias is an Associate Professor at the ESADE Business School Marketing Department. Also at ESADE, he has been Chair of the Marketing Department and Director of the ESADE Brand Institute.
He is a member of numerous boards and committees – including: the executive committee of the European Marketing Academy; the editorial board of the Journal of Brand Management, the editorial review board of the Journal of Product and Brand Management; the scientific committee of the Academy of Marketing’s Special Interest Group on Brand, Identity, and Corporate Reputation; and the scientific committee of the Global Brand Conference.
Oriol has conducted in-company training and research for global leading brands such as Volkswagen, Porsche, Audi, Nestlé, Sara Lee, Telefónica, Orange, Banco de Santander, SAP and PwC.
He has co-authored several books on marketing, brand management, and relationship marketing. His latest book (2016) is “Brand Desire: How to Create Consumer Involvement and Inspiration”, published by Bloomsbury (London, UK). His research on brand management, co-creation, and customer experience management is published in top international academic journals – such as the California Management Review, European Journal of Marketing, Journal of Business Ethics, Journal of Organizational Change Management, Journal of Brand Management, Journal of Product and Brand Management, Marketing Intelligence and Planning, and Cross Cultural Management.
And experienced business practitioners.
8-11 March 2021
13.30 - 17:30
The course fee is € 2,800 including tuition, course material and refreshments.
To receive a full refund, a written notice of cancellation must be send to firstname.lastname@example.org within a term of thirty (30) calendar days after receipt of the written confirmation of the registration, unless the start date of the course programme is within the term.
Accordingly, the cancellation fee is calculated as follows:
- 25% of the programme fee if the cancellation notice is received 30 days or more before the start date;
- 75% of the programme fee if the cancellation notice is received between 29 and 15 days before the start date;
- 100% of the programme fee if the cancellation notice is received 14 days or less before the start date;
- 100% of the programme fee if the cancellation notice is received after the programme has started.
For more details, please view here the complete General Terms and Conditions.
The participant can be substituted by someone from the same organisation on the same course without extra costs.
This programme can also be taken as part of RSM's part-time Executive Master in Corporate Communication, a flexible and accredited master programme for communications professionals. Find out more: