Summer Course in Corporate Communication
Summer Course in Corporate Communication
The five-day Summer Course is a must-attend course for professionals with an interest in corporate communication. You will be presented with the latest developments, insights, and best practices in corporate communication and business administration from our academic faculty and visiting business practitioners.
After the course, you will be able to put your new knowledge, ideas and insights into practice for the benefit of your organisation and your career. During this course you will explore:
- Organisational identity, identity change, and strategic messaging strategies;
- Corporate branding and managing the corporate brand;
- Strategic reputation management and strategic positioning;
- Strategic tools for managing corporate communication and creating value;
- Complexity and ambiguity in corporate communication.
"I really enjoyed the Executive Summer Course in Corporate Communication thanks to the highly qualified professors and spokespersons of international organisations which operate in complex environments. It was also very inspiring to meet and collaborate with other communication professionals."
Laurens Ohlenroth - Communications Manager at Nederlandse Spoorwegen (NS)
"As a communications professional, one never stops learning because our field is in a constant state of flux. Academic theory and practical knowledge are closely intertwined in this course. It was very valuable for me to get in contact with other professionals and to learn from one another."
Karin Ooms – Business Partner Communication at KLM
The Executive Summer Course in Corporate Communication is designed for:
- Corporate communication professionals
- General managers
- Executives, consultants, analysts and general managers
This executive-level course offers working professionals a highly flexible learning experience that fosters leadership, strategic thinking and corporate responsibility.
Participants for this course are advised to hold at least a bachelor degree and 3+ years of working experience in the corporate communication field and related.
Note: this course is interchangeable with our Foundation course, offered next January.
Joep Cornelissen is Academic Director of the MScCC programme and Professor of Corporate Communication & Management at RSM. The main focus of his research involves studies of the role of corporate and managerial communication in the context of innovation, entrepreneurship and change, and of social evaluations of the legitimacy and reputation of start-up and established firms.
Stefano Puntoni is Professor of Marketing at RSM. He joined RSM after completing his PhD at London Business School and teaches brand management, marketing strategy, and consumer behaviour. His research has been published in prestigious international journals.
Pursey Heugens is Professor of Organisation Theory, Development, and Change at RSM, and has won numerous awards for his research and teaching. His research has been published in various top journals.
Mignon van Halderen is an independent researcher, teacher and an authority on thought leadership. She is highly skilled at taking an evidence-based approach to business problems.
17-21 June 2019
The total costs for participation in the Executive Summer Course are € 5,550,-. Included are:
- The book ‘Corporate Communication: A Guide to Theory and Practice’, 5th edition, by Joep Cornelissen.
- Course reader with additional literature and presentation hand-outs;
- Full-service accommodation in the hotel: double room for single use, use of all the hotel facilities, all meals, drinks and snacks such as stated in the programme;
Hotel & Restaurant De Arendshoeve
Molenlaan 14, 2861 LB Bergambacht
If you require hotel accommodation in Rotterdam, we recommend Novotel Rotterdam Brainpark, adjacent to the university.
Cancellations must be received in writing (or e-mail) at email@example.com:
- 45-30 days prior to the start date of the programme: due 25% of programme fee
- 29 – 8 days prior to the start date of the programme: due 60% of programme fee
- 7 days or less prior to the start of the programme: due 100% of programme fee
To receive full refund, the notice of cancellation must be received more than 45 days prior to the start of the programme (a charge of 10% costs is applicable). If the programme is cancelled, liability is limited to the programme fee.
The participant can be substituted by someone from the same organisation on the same course without extra costs.
This course can also be taken as part of RSM's part-time Executive Master in Corporate Communication, a flexible and accredited master programme for communications professionals. Find out more: