Is your company struggling to embrace digital innovation? Learn what changes you need to make to your business model, how to respond strategically to digitization and disruption, and discover how to introduce a future-proof and innovation-driven culture.
Create innovation-driven business models
This three-day course by RSM Executive Education lets you experience the business model implications of digital forces. You will also learn the tools and frameworks with which to develop innovation-driven business opportunities and models, and a culture of innovation for leadership in your organisation.
RSM’s expert faculty will show you the best way to adopt existing innovations and foster the necessary change of mindset that will let your organisation identify and implement its own competitive differentiators. You will design your digital business model using the canvas, paying particular attention to your value propositions.
The Rotterdam-based programme uses online learning modules and workshops for implementing innovative changes adopting design-thinking principles.
Three days and
one conference day
3 - 5 April 2019
10 - 12 September 2019
16 - 18 December 2019
Dr Murat Tarakci
Dr Ferdinand Jaspers
Dr Dirk Deichmann
After this programme, you will be able to:
- identify today and tomorrow’s disruptive digital technologies and their effect on your organisation’s business model
- translate disruptive technologies into business solutions by mastering key entrepreneurial methods
- develop a design-driven organisational culture that cultivates successful (digital) innovation
- become a confident, ethical and agile digital innovator for your company
- Access to RSM’s world-class academic research and expertise
- learn more about innovative and disruptive businesses from real entrepreneurs and case studies
- improve and validate your knowledge and experience on digital innovation
- design a digital business model for your organisation
- understnad how to lead and implement digital transformation
- learn from the experiencs of your peers and extend your professional network
- Work towards attaining your RSM Digital Transformation Diploma, and follow the business improvement track coached by top faculty and professional digital transformation consultants from Quint Wellington Redwood.
The programme Digital Innovation is also a component of RSM's Diploma Programme in Digital Transformation.
Managers and professionals who want to lead innovation to cultivate value and a competitive advantage, and those who want to develop or implement a digital transformation. Senior managers, middle managers and entrepreneurs seeking innovation tools and an innovation-driven culture will find the programme useful.
Dr Murat Tarakci
Murat Tarakci is an associate professor of innovation management at RSM. His research focuses on disruptive innovations, strategy implementation, and power. Prior to joining academia, Murat worked in the finance department of Unilever Turkey. Combining his business and academic experience, Murat’s current research investigates how firms can craft financial methods and portfolio management tools to foster disruptive innovations. He completed his PhD degree at Erasmus School of Economics.
Dr Ferdinand Jaspers
Ferdinand Jaspers is programme director at the Erasmus Centre for Entrepreneurship. His teaching and consultancy activities focus on business modelling and lean startup. Based on his expertise at
the intersection of strategy, innovation, and entrepreneurship, he teaches courses and provides masterclasses, workshops and boot camps on corporate entrepreneurship, new business development, and entrepreneurial start-up and growth. With a rigorous academic perspective, Ferdinand draws upon and helps you move beyond approaches such as customer development and lean startup, business modelling, and effectuation. He holds a PhD from RSM.
Thomas Blekman is an affiliate clinical professor in entrepreneurship and innovation with an emphasis on change management and leadership at RSM. As an entrepreneur, Thomas recently co-founded the Global School for Entrepreneurship, where he is the dean. At his University of Applied Sciences, Blekman is the architect of a full fletch BSc in entrepreneurship and innovation. Thomas is a whirlwind who brings incredible amounts of creativity and passion into his teaching, and moves back and forth between academia and practice effortlessly.
Dr Dirk Deichmann
Dirk Deichmann is an assistant professor at RSM. In his research he focuses on the determinants and consequences of creative and innovative behaviour, with particular emphasis on the question of how sustainable and successful idea generation, development and implementation can be achieved. He teaches innovation management and design thinking and has published several articles on design thinking in Harvard Business Review.
€ 3,500 (excl. 21% VAT) including course materials and lunches. This fee does not include hotel accommodation.
10% discount for alumni from Erasmus University Rotterdam and RSM. More information about the discount.
Cancellation notices must be received by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. The following cancellation fees apply:
- More than 14 days before the programme’s start date: 25% of the programme fee will be charged
- Between 14 and 7 days before the programme’s start date: 75% of the programme fee will be charged
- 7 days or fewer before the programme’s start date: 100% of the programme fee will be charged
- Cancellations received on or after the programme’s start date: 100% of the programme fee will be charged.
The participant can be substituted by someone from the same company on the same course without extra costs.
General terms and conditions
The programmes take place at Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University, Bayle Building, Burgemeester Oudlaan 50, Rotterdam.
If you require hotel accommodation in Rotterdam, we recommend Novotel Rotterdam Brainpark, adjacent to the university.