Finance for Senior Managers
Finance for Senior Managers
Learn the language of finance in business. After all, you need to understand finance for successful decision-making. This three-day programme provides senior managers with the necessary financial knowledge and skills you need to work effectively with your colleagues in finance and accounting.
Decisions and actions such as launching a new product or service, investing in new production facilities, doing acquisitions or disposing of businesses require a fundamental understanding of key concepts in finance. Learn how to deal with the financial side of business during this Finance for Senior Managers programme by RSM Executive Education, including business valuation, ratios and financial performance.
You will be better prepared to deal with your firms’ counterparts such as banks, consultants, clients and investors. The programme, which is led by finance and accounting expert Prof. Mike Page, will better equip you to apply all facets of finance in your role as a general senior manager. Are you ready for this next step in your career?
During the programme, you will:
- learn how to read key financial statements
- apply the major ratios to analyse financial performance and strength
- explore different methods to analyse investment projects
- learn how to forecast cash flows and discount rates for investment decision-making
- articulate and apply the principles of value-based management
- investigate the key methods for business valuation.
The programme Finance for Senior Manager is also a component of the Advanced Management and Leadership Programme.
The three-day Finance for Senior Managers programme is designed for all executives, such as senior managers, who need to further develop their financial knowledge and skills to prepare for the next step in their careers.
“Finance for Senior Managers helped me to look at our business in the same way as my key executive stakeholders, so it has a positive effect in my conversations with them. During the programme we also discussed many real-life examples, including ones from my industry which helped bring the topics to life. This programme was three days well spent.”
Marc van der Heijden, senior vice-president global IT, Adidas Group
The Finance for Senior Managers programme is led by Prof. Michael Page.
Prof. Michael Page
Michael Page is a professor of management specialised in optimising organisational performance based on social and human capital development. He has theoretical and practical knowledge in the fields of finance and management education. In finance, Michael’s expertise includes measuring corporate value and risk, assessing portfolio performance and efficiency, ordinary equity research, and corporate finance. Throughout his 25-year academic career, he has maintained his applied focus with significant commercial consulting and leadership experience, including involvement with all aspects business school life within government and private sectors.
Participants will learn as much from each other as from the faculty. To ensure a diverse and high-quality group, all applicants to the programme will be required to undergo a short intake discussion with an RSM staff member. This way we can guarantee that the programme is suitable for you.
You should comply with the following requirements if you wish to take part in the Finance for Senior Managers programme:
· You have a minimum of 5 years of managerial experience
· You have budget responsibility and have financial impact in your organisation
· You have responsibility in the strategic decision-making process in your organisation.
Your application will be final once we have informed you on the basis of the intake call that your application has been accepted.
€ 3,250 (excl 21% VAT) including course materials, lunches, and snacks. This fee does not include hotel accommodation.
10% discount for alumni from Erasmus University Rotterdam and RSM. More information about the discount.
Cancellation notices must be received by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. The following cancellation fees apply:
- More than 14 days before the programme’s start date: 25% of the programme fee will be charged
- Between 14 and 7 days before the programme’s start date: 75% of the programme fee will be charged
- 7 days or fewer before the programme’s start date: 100% of the programme fee will be charged
- Cancellations received on or after the programme’s start date: 100% of the programme fee will be charged.
The participant can be substituted by someone from the same company on the same course without extra costs.
General terms and conditions
The programmes take place at Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University, Bayle Building, Burgemeester Oudlaan 50, Rotterdam.
If you require hotel accommodation in Rotterdam, we recommend Novotel Rotterdam Brainpark, adjacent to the university.