From S&OP to IBP
From S&OP to IBP
Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) and Integrated Business Planning (IBP) are back on the radar for many organisations. However, organisations interested in moving towards IBP need to identify clear business drivers. The most central driver is human behaviour and involves many complex social interactions. For example, every manager has a difference incentive, creating intentional functional biases, but we still have to work together towards a common goal.
Take the journey from S&OP to IBP
As key business processes, S&OP and IBP link strategic planning to daily operations planning. While the fundamentals of S&OP and IBP are easy to understand, implementation means more than getting the technical aspects right. You need a clear understanding of your organisation’s status – and its ambitions – to take the journey from S&OP to IBP.
In this highly interactive workshop from RSM Executive Education, you will discover your own unintentional biases. Short lectures give the latest insights and best practices in S&OP/ IBP implementation, and there’s hands-on experience in S&OP decision-making during a business simulation that runs throughout the three days of the programme.
After completing the programme, you will be able to:
- understand what drives, and what hinders, collaboration in the S&OP/IBP process
- understand and recognise the phases of the journey from S&OP to IBP
- recognise real IBP and the benefits it offers
- align KPIs and incentives in the S&OP/IBP process to support strategy and improve results
- recognise unintentional biases and know how to avoid them
- identify the benefits of S&OP/ IBP for all stakeholders
- devise an improvement plan for S&OP/IBP decision-making
- apply the latest knowledge from research and real examples.
This workshop is for middle and senior managers from all disciplines involved in the value chain. Industries and sectors include: operations and manufacturing managers; sales and account managers; supply chain professionals, purchasing professionals, financial managers, as well as financial controllers, and marketing professionals.
€ 2,850 (excl. 21% VAT) including course materials, lunches, and snacks. This fee does not include hotel accommodation.
10% discount for EUR and RSM alumni.
Cancellation notices must be received by email: email@example.com. The following cancellation fees apply:
- More than 14 days before the programme’s start date: 25% of the programme fee will be charged
- Between 14 and 7 days before the programme’s start date: 75% of the programme fee will be charged
- 7 days or fewer before the programme’s start date: 100% of the programme fee will be charged
- Cancellations received on or after the programme’s start date: 100% of the programme fee will be charged.
The participant can be substituted by someone from the same company on the same course without extra costs.
General terms and conditions
Please click here to view RSM Executive Education’s general terms and conditions.
The programmes take place at Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University, Bayle Building, Burgemeester Oudlaan 50, Rotterdam.
If you require hotel accommodation in Rotterdam, we recommend Novotel Rotterdam Brainpark, adjacent to the university.