What is neuromarketing? And how can you as a marketing professional make use of it? Insights from neuroscience will help marketing professionals like you find more business opportunities, and reduce waste of marketing resources while increasing your effectiveness and success in marketing.
This two-day programme from RSM Executive Education is for marketing professionals who want to invest in their knowledge and understanding of this new field, its current state and its prospects. You will learn from marketing academics at the forefront of neuroscience research using methods including EEG, fMRI, eye-tracking and face reading. You will understand the different uses for neuroscience, and get more value from your use of neuromarketing research firms.
After completing the programme, you will be able to:
- understand the basics of neuroscience and its potential effect on marketing
- recognise the key neural processes underlying consumer behaviour
- understand how customer emotional responses and preferences are measured unobtrusively
- appreciate how neuromarketing could improve (digital) product development and marketing communication, and increase advertising effectiveness and customer experience
- understand the limitations of neuromarketing and ethical issues
- develop a briefing for a neuromarketing consultancy firm to conduct research on a marketing issue of your company
You will benefit from the Neuromarketing programme if you:
- work in the sector consumer goods and services, digital marketing, advertising, communications or media
- are a middle or senior marketing manager with a leading role as buyer or user of marketing research, customer insights or marketing intelligence.
During the Neuromarketing Programme you will learn from Prof. Ale Smidts and Dr Maarten Boksem. Occasionally we may substitute other faculty members according to the content of the programme and their availability.
Prof. Ale Smidts
Ale Smidts is a professor of marketing research at RSM. He has worked in neuromarketing for 15 years, and is considered a pioneer for research in this area. At RSM he teaches neuromarketing at the bachelor, master and executive level. He and his research team have published on topics such as the neural processes underlying social conformity, celebrity effects in advertising, neural profiling of brands, tracking emotional experiences in real time, and the predictive value of brain markers. He was a board member of the Neuromarketing Science and Business Association (NMSBA) from 2015-2018.
Dr Maarten Boksem
Maarten Boksem is an associate professor of marketing at RSM. He holds a PhD in cognitive neuroscience, and has been involved in neuroscientific research for the past 20 years. He has a broad interest in human behaviour and in how the brain orchestrates this behaviour. His research topics range from the neural mechanisms of performance monitoring, the effects of fatigue on cognition, the effects of social status on behaviour, the effects of hormones on decision-making, to using brain measurements from just a few individuals to say something about the behaviour of a population. He was on the programme committee of the Neuromarketing World Forum from 2016-2018.
€ 2,800 (excl. 21% VAT) including course materials, lunches, and snacks. This fee does not include hotel accommodation.
€ 2,900 (excl. 21% VAT) including course materials, lunches, and snacks. This fee does not include hotel accommodation.
10% discount for alumni from Erasmus University Rotterdam and RSM. More information about the discount.
General terms and conditions
Our general terms and conditions apply when you register for an open programme. Please review them to learn more about our policies for cancellation, deferral and substitution.
The programme takes place in the Bayle building on the Woudestein Campus of Erasmus University Rotterdam.
We recommend Novotel Rotterdam Brainpark Hotel, adjacent to the university and less than five minutes’ walk from campus. Participants benefit from special rates.