Strategic Account Management
Strategic Account Management
Your key customers are smarter and more sophisticated than ever. They need – and want – a sparring partner with the ability to work effectively across regions, business units and functions. During our three-day Strategic Account Management programme, you will learn how to manage your customer relationships in this new context, with confidence.
During the programme, designed by RSM Executive Education and the Account Management Center (AMC), you will investigate the role of strategic account management, and learn practical skills to bring a culture of strategic account management to your company. This includes differentiating between strategic customers and other important customers, understanding how customers select their suppliers, how to create value with customers, and how to implement a planfor managing accounts strategically.
During the programme, you will:
- gain a comprehensive understanding of strategic account management challenges from internal and external perspectives
- learn the analytical, strategic and interpersonal skills required to manage key customers in a tough climate, including how to better recognise and define customer issues, and how to effectively communicate key messages across your customers’ organisations
- develop your own action plan, tailored to your business situation
- be coached by leading professors and executives from top firms
- share the latest knowledge and experiences with peers, and extend your professional network.
You will benefit from RSM’s three-day Strategic Account Management programme if you are a:
- strategic account manager
- strategic account team member
- account executive or senior account manager
- sales manager or sales director responsible for maintaining and growing business with strategic customers
- global account manager, key account manager, or international account manager
- manager in a business development role.
"We are a young company, in the process of developing account strategies. This training provided me with good insights and practical tools to develop this strategy."
Andre Pellikaan, account director, AAFM Facility Management BV
“I highly recommend this course. I haven’t any experience in account management, it is so good to get all the tips and tricks, and to also learn so much from colleagues! There are account managers from a wide range of industries and with many different nationalities – you learn so much from everyone on this programme.”
Isabella Janssen, project manager, Hogeschool Inholland
“The theoretical insights into strategic account management are really helpful. RSM’s Strategic Account Management programme has given me new perspectives on my job, and has also reassured me that I am doing the right thing.”
Drs. Tim Verschoor, key account manager, DeltaLloyd
"The academic and practical blend, and the areas of expertise of the lecturers give a unique insight into the skills and buy-ins (both internal and external) required for account management on a real strategic level. The programme content was very relevant to our business, where many customers have gone down the traditional route of cost cutting by price reduction and tender, but are now again realising the value that good long-term supplier relationships can generate."
Alasdair Blain, corporate account manager, Ashland Water Technologies
The programme Strategic Account Management is led by a team of expert faculty.
Dr Marian Dingena
Marian Dingena is a visiting faculty member at RSM, and an expert in strategic customer management and commercial innovation in business-to-business markets. She has worked as a change management consultant and as an independent researcher for 20 years. Dingena has extensive experience across a wide range of industries in Europe, Southern Africa, North America, and India. She is co-author of the recently published Transformational Sales. Making a Difference with Strategic Customers (Springer, 2015) and author of Key Account Management (2002).
Dr Christoph Senn
Christoph Senn is adjunct professor at Columbia Business School, senior lecturer at the University of St. Gallen, and chairman of the Account Management Center. His work has been published in journals such as California Management Review, Journal of Business Strategy, Harvard Business Manager, and The Wall Street Journal. Prior to this, Senn served as global sales and marketing director in a global manufacturing company where he also designed and implemented strategic and global account programmes.
On this page you will find practical information about the three-day Strategic Account Management programme.
€ 2,750 (excl. 21% VAT) including course materials, lunches, and snacks. This fee does not include hotel accommodation
10% discount for alumni from Erasmus University Rotterdam and RSM. More information about the discount.
€ 2,300 (excl. 21% VAT) per individual if three or more team members participate in the same programme.
Cancellation notices must be received by email: email@example.com. The following cancellation fees apply:
- More than 14 days before the programme’s start date: 25% of the programme fee will be charged
- Between 14 and 7 days before the programme’s start date: 75% of the programme fee will be charged
- 7 days or fewer before the programme’s start date: 100% of the programme fee will be charged
- Cancellations received on or after the programme’s start date: 100% of the programme fee will be charged.
The participant can be substituted by someone from the same company on the same course without extra costs.
General terms and conditions
The programmes take place at Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University, Bayle Building, Burgemeester Oudlaan 50, Rotterdam.
If you require hotel accommodation in Rotterdam, we recommend Novotel Rotterdam Brainpark, adjacent to the university.