The New Sales Manager
The New Sales Manager
How can sales professionals adjust to the digitalisation of products and services? And how can you tap into the increasing need for customer centricity? You might recognise these challenges, but aren’t sure how to deal with them in your role as sales manager.
The three-day The New Sales Manager programme provides you with the right tools and knowledge to successfully manage and modernise your sales department to effectively comply with changing customer behaviour and new technology. You will explore four main building blocks that will help you develop into a modern sales manager:
- customer centricity and sales of solutions
- new customer segmentation and intelligent approach
- sales intelligence and digitalisation
- new sales management and sales culture.
With your new knowledge, you will make a plan to implement high performance in new sales management immediately.
After completing the programme, you will be able to:
- coach your sales team to sell solutions instead of products and services
- know what type of sales representatives you should recruit for your sales team
- accurately classify the segments in your customer base
- design optimised sales approach plans for each segment in your customer base
- know how and when to use digital sales to create more leads
- manage multiple routes to benefit your sales, including social media and various online content, plus inbound sales, representatives and the quality of your customer service
- experiment with new management behaviour to lead and inspire your sales team
- design a high-performance plan to implement the four building blocks.
This programme is for:
- sales managers working in business-to-business environments
- sales professionals managing teams of sales specialists
- other professionals who work in sales departments.
Faust has a background in fast moving consumer goods (FMCG) and is an expert in customer strategy, sales force effectiveness and sales leadership. He has successfully advised many international corporate organisations across industries about developing an approach and culture for high-performance sales. He is consulted by senior management and investors on boosting sales.
Machiel van Nieuwaal
Machiel is the commercial manager for Maasdam Groep BV, and a partner in the Centre for Commercial Innovation consultancy. The Maasdam commercial approach is innovative. Sales, marketing, communication and innovation are merged into one department of commerce. This in order to be able to align commercial energy. Trend and data analysis, new forms of lead generation, digital sales, consultative selling and an extreme focus on value creation for customers, play a role. Machiel is excellent in combining his strategic thinking with hands-on execution.
Dr Ed Peelen
Ed is a partner at Dutch consulting firm ICSB Marketing & Strategy. Previously he was professor of marketing at the Erasmus University Rotterdam, and at Nyenrode Business University. He has conducted extensive research and published leading books in customer relationship management and marketing. He is a co-initiator of co-founded RSM’s Diploma Programme in Sales Leadership, with Faust Mertens.
€2,800 (excl. 21% VAT) including course materials, lunches, and snacks. This fee does not include hotel accommodation.
10% discount for alumni from Erasmus University Rotterdam and RSM. More information about the discount.
Cancellation notices must be received by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. The following cancellation fees apply:
- More than 14 days before the programme’s start date: 25% of the programme fee will be charged
- Between 14 and 7 days before the programme’s start date: 75% of the programme fee will be charged
- 7 days or fewer before the programme’s start date: 100% of the programme fee will be charged
- Cancellations received on or after the programme’s start date: 100% of the programme fee will be charged.
The participant can be substituted by someone from the same company on the same course without extra costs.
General terms and conditions
The programmes take place at Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University, Bayle Building, Burgemeester Oudlaan 50, Rotterdam.
If you require hotel accommodation in Rotterdam, we recommend Novotel Rotterdam Brainpark, adjacent to the university.