How to apply
How to apply
Application for all programmes has closed on the 15th of May, except for the MScBA Master in Management (Dutch, Part-time) for which the deadline is extended until the 15th of June.
Applications for the September 2021 start will be accepted from 1 October onwards.
Each applicant must first register for their preferred programme in the Dutch national student registration system - Studielink.
- Access https://www.studielink.nl/.
- Enter your previous education.
- Select 'Erasmus Universiteit', enter one of the MSc programmes or Premaster Programmes. We advise you to use the search term 'RSM" to see a full list of our programmes.
- If you are applying for one of the MSc programmes make sure to register as a ‘first year student’ and as starting date, choose 1 September 2020. (note: For MScBA Accounting & Financial Management, select master at RSM and not ESE).
- If you are applying for the Premaster Bedrijfskunde (RSM) in Dutch: enter ‘start as first-year student’ and as starting date, choose 1 September 2020.
- If you are applying for the Premaster International Business Administration (RSM) (in English): enter ‘start as advanced-year and as starting date, choose 1 September 2020.
- Important automatic e-mails: confirmation registration and your EUR student number. Ignore the email asking to send your diploma to education institution. Instead you will upload these documents to the RSM Online Application Form (OLAF).
- Tuition fee must be received no later than 31 August 2020.
- Send a digital photo for your student ID.
Remember that after registering for the premaster and master in Studielink, you need to continue the application process in the RSM Online Application Form (OLAF).
- If you have already made a Studielink account last year, but can't log in, please notify us. Do not try to make a new account!
- If after registering in Studielink you receive a mail asking you to send the educational institution a copy of your passport/ID or your diploma and transcript, please ignore this request. When completing the next step of the application, you will be asked to upload these directly to our system.
- This is not the actual application! Only once you have completed the 2nd step of the process, the RSM Online Application Form (OLAF), you will be considered an applicant.
Within 24 hours of a successful registration for a RSM programme via Studielink, you will receive a link to the RSM Online Application Form (OLAF). You'll only receive this link once even if you sign up for several masters in Studielink. You will log in with your ERNA credentials, which you have also received by email after your Studielink registration.
- If you have not received the OLAF link, please contact the RSM Admissions Office. Also check your spam/junk folder to make sure that our message has not been filtered out.
- If you have started the application process in Studielink, but have not received your ERNA details, please inform the Erasmus University ICT Servicedesk: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can only apply for one programme. If your application is not successful, we’ll automatically evaluate you for our other programmes.
- Want to change the master you're applying for? If you started an application in OLAF, but changed your mind about the programme you want to apply for, as long as you didn't submit the application yet, you can change the programme preference in OLAF under the first step "Personal Information". If you already submitted your application in OLAF but want to apply for a different programme contact the RSM Admissions Office.
In OLAF you will be asked to fill in your
- Personal information
- Prior education
- Language skills (English)
- Your CV
- Other information (such as: Do you want to apply for a Scholarship? How did you first hear about RSM? etc.)
- Supporting Documents as listed below:
Supporting documents (to be added to the end of your Online Application Form):
Copy of a valid passport or European identity card (EEA nationals only);
Your passport (or ID) must be valid up to and including the 1st of May 2020. If the document expires before this date, you must provide a new valid document by the 31st of August, 2020.
Curriculum Vitae (Resume)
In your CV you should list all relevant experiences. The CV will not be assessed during the evaluation, but can provide additional information for the admission staff. The CV only plays an important role for the admissions staff in the preparation for the additional selection MSc International Management/CEMS.
Secondary school diploma
This document is required in order to check on which basis you were allowed to start higher education. An official translation or the grade lists are not required.
*Bachelor diploma (if already available at the time of application)
It is not required that you have completed your bachelor studies at the time of application. If however this is the case, we advise you to include your diploma in the application. If you are accepted to RSM, you are expected to provide certified hardcopies of your diploma and final transcript, by the 31st of August. For additional information, see step 7 in the application process.
*Academic transcripts (i.e. list of grades)
In order to evaluate your eligibility, an (official) transcript of records including all subjects and grades you have obtained so far during higher education is required. We also advise you to include a list of subjects you are still planning to take before graduation.
Many universities use online systems from which an overview of courses and grades can be extracted. A temporary transcript from an online system is sufficient at the time of application as long as it contains the name of the applicant, the name of the university and the name of the study.
*Diplomas and transcripts of additional studies (bachelor or master)
If you have completed additional studies such as a 2nd bachelor degree or a master degree, please include the transcripts (and diplomas) in your application, following the guidelines above.
Proof of English proficiency (at C1 level)
RSM accepts several kinds of proof of English proficiency. With every form of proof, you must include sufficient documentation to support this.
You can submit your application first without the proof of your English proficiency. Sufficient proof needs to be submitted by the application deadline, or before the programme has reached maximum capacity (whichever occurs first).
GMAT test results (if applicable)
Add your (un)official score report.
You can submit your application first without the GMAT results but they must be submitted by the application deadline, or before the programme has reached maximum capacity (whichever occurs first).
Proof of additional languages (only for MSc International Management/CEMS) Check the detailed instructions regarding the accepted form of language proof for the MSc International Management/CEMS programme.
(*) If the original documents are written in a language other than English, Dutch or German you must provide an official translation by a registered sworn translator in one of these languages. Make sure to always include your diploma and/or transcript(s) in the original language along with the translation!
You will be updated on the status of the evaluation in the message centre of OLAF.
Within approximately two weeks of submitting your application you will receive an update regarding the documents. If vital information is missing from the application, the evaluation will not continue until you have submitted additional documents.
If the documents in your application are sufficient, the evaluation will start. The evaluation time during the peak periods (January – May) is approximately 6 to 8 weeks. Applications submitted early (October – December) can be evaluated faster.
Applications for the MSc International Management/CEMS programme will be given priority in order to complete the evaluation before the next selection round.
After your application has been evaluated by the admssions team, you will be notified of the outcome in OLAF. The possible outcomes of the evaluation are:
Statement of eligibility: If you academic background meets our requirements but your application is still incomplete, you may receive a statement of eligiblity. Your official offer will only be made once you have submitted all required documents.
If your academic background does not meet the requirements of the programme you have applied for, the admissions team will automatically see if you are eligible for some of our other programmes and inform you about the alternative options.
Offer of admission: If your application is complete and you meet all the requirements for the programme you have applied for, you will receive a (conditional) offer of admission. Applicants for the premaster programmes will also be informed which master programmes they are eligible for. You will have two weeks to respond to the offer in OLAF.
Denial + alternative offer: If your application is complete but you don't meet the course related requirements for the programme you applied for, the admissions team will automatically see if you are eligible for some of our other programmes and inform you about the alternative options.
Denial: If the evaluation results in a denial, you will be notified of the specific reasons. If you do not agree with the outcome of the application, please view the appeals procedure.
If you are offered admission to RSM, you are expected to respond to your offer of admission in OLAF within two weeks.
You can either accept or decline the offer. It is also possible to defer your offer of admission until the next academic year (with the exception of the International Management/CEMS).
If you need to change the response to your offer later on, this is possible until the 31st of August by notifying the RSM admissions office.
While your application can be evaluated based on unofficial digital documents you have uploaded in your application form, eventually the RSM Admissions office needs to check the authenticity of your diploma and your final transcript.
This step is vital in order to complete your enrolment for the study. You must be able to show us sufficient proof that you have completed the study your admission is based on by the 31st of August, 2020.
1. Check the conditions in your offer of admission
In the official offer statement, which you can download in the Online Application Form (OLAF), all the conditions of your offer are listed. These conditions must be met by the 31st of August as the academic year officially starts on the 1st of September.
The most common condition is the completion your bachelor programme. This means that all requirements of your bachelor must be met by the 31st of August, and all your grades have been processed (including your final thesis).
2. Which documents are needed?
In order to verify that you have completed the study your admission is based on, RSM needs to see your final diploma. However if your official diploma is given after the 31st of August, you should request an official statement from your university which explicitly states that you have completed all the requirements of your study.
In order to check that your grades and the courses you have submitted during the application process are true, RSM also needs your final academic transcript (i.e. grade list).
If the original documents are written in a language other than English, Dutch or German you must provide an official translation by a registered sworn translator in one of these languages. Make sure to always include your diploma and/or transcript(s) in the original language along with the translation!
Students with admission based on a study completed at Erasmus University Rotterdam are not required to provide this documentation, as the completion of your study can be checked in Osiris. However you must make sure that you have completed all the requirements of the study and have requested your diploma on time. RSM will notify you once the completion of your study has been verified.
3. Certify the documents
A certified copy of your final diploma (or diploma statement) and transcript can be acquired at the institution where you obtained them or at an official notary. Certified means that the document contains the original stamp and signature of your institution (director, course coordinator, registrar) or the official notary. When making your offer unconditional, make sure you send us the original document. Photocopies of a certified copy will not be accepted.
If you have your official diploma and final transcript, you can also come show the originals at the RSM Admissions Office. Do not send original diplomas by post.
Online verifications: If your university uses an online verification system (for example Bocconi University, or HEAR verification with an online provider such as Gradintelligence in the UK), please notify the admissions office. RSM is not able to verify documents online if it's required that software is downloaded before the verification.
4. Send the documents to RSM before 31 August
The documents should be sent to the following address:
RSM MSc Admissions Office
Burgemeester Oudlaan 50, Mandeville Building T05-01
3062 PA Rotterdam
You can also bring the documents to the above mentioned address in person.
We advise you to send the documents as a tracked delivery. The documents will first be received by the central post room, and will be delivered to the admisisions office within 2-3 days. Once the documents have arrived and they have been processed, you will be notified.
RSM will save your documents for one year (until September 2021). It is your responsibility to pick up these documents from the admissions office, if you want them back. The admissions office makes scanned copies of all documents for our digital archive and shreds all paper copies that have not been picked up on time.
After you have made your offer unconditional, your admissions will be confirmed in Studielink by RSM Admissions Office.
After this your enrolment is mainly handled by the Erasmus Student Service Centre (ESSC).
1. Tuition fee payment:
In order to start your studies in September, you must arrange the tuition fee payment by 31 August. First you need to indicate your preferred payment method in Studielink.
For more information about the payment methods, please visit the website of ESSC.
A different payment procedure applies for NON-EU/EEA students applying for a VISA/ residence permit. You will be informed about the payment process as well as the immigration process by RSM from March onwards.
2. Upload a passport photo for your Student card.
3. Proof of enrolment
After completing your enrolment, you will receive two copies of your proof of enrolment per year. You can use these for organisations (e.g. insurance company, bank) that ask for this information. You can also produce, download and print such proof out yourself via Osiris Student
Use common sense when reading and interpreting the admissions requirements and application info. Our goal is to be as clear and detailed as possible, but it's not feasible to add info on every specific situation. Don't submit unnecessary documents such as recommendation letters. The necessary documents are clearly listed in OLAF. Please make sure that all scanned documents are legible. PDF is the preferred format for scanned documents. Try to combine documents. For example your transcripts should be scanned as one document. RSM Admissions Office is here to help you. However due to the large number of queries we receive daily, we recommend you to read through our FAQ before contacting us. Apply on time. We can't emphasize this enough. Leaving your application to the day of the deadline leaves you no room for error.
On the special Admissions & COVID-19 pageyou can find answers to the following frequently asked questions:
- Due to the Coronavirus I may not obtain my bachelor diploma on time, what should I do?
- Due to the Coronavirus I have not been able to meet the GPA requirement; will this be a problem?
- Due to the Coronavirus I have not been able to take a GMAT or English exam, what can I do?
- How does RSM plan to offer education in September?
If, after carefully reading the information on the website, you still have questions, you can reach out to us using our contact form.