Degree: MSc International Management/ CEMS
Duration: 18 months
Start: September 2021
- 66% international students in programme
- 89% of graduates employed within 3 months after graduation
- Examples of your future job title: Management consultant, marketing manager, revenue analyst
Are you keen to become a responsible business leader in a more open, sustainable and inclusive world? Prepare for your international management career in this top-ranked, highly inspiring environment. You’ll grow a strong academic foundation with a focus on practical applicability through skills seminars, an international internship, and a consultancy-like international business project.
From day 1 of the 18-month programme, you’ll be part of the global CEMS network. This means you can connect with inspiring classmates in your close-knit cohort and with many companies through social and career activities throughout the programme. No matter what area you’re interested in – strategy, consulting, entrepreneurship, or technology – there are always CEMS graduates who can boost your learning experience and remain very involved with the programme for current students. There’s also a lot of engaging and insightful debates in class because your classmates represent so many nationalities and cultures.
You’ll learn in core courses and exciting electives as part of the curriculum, for example finance, consumer behaviour, sustainability leadership, corporate communication, and people management. In the course Innovation Management, you’ll explore how to successfully analyse and implement an innovation strategy, and how to manage the innovation process. And the Climate Change Strategy Roleplay course gives you critical insight into the key elements of climate change, climate policy, and their effects on the future of business and the planet.
By the time you graduate, you will have gained experience at using your new knowledge in practice in the workplace and have fluency in three languages. You will have a unique position on the job market. RSM IM/CEMS graduates work in very diverse industries, companies and roles. Thanks to the selection process and the high quality of the courses, they have little difficulty finding a job. To help you on your chosen career path, RSM and the CEMS Club organise career coaching sessions, forums and events year-round. There are also company visits, seminars and in-house activities with CEMS partners during which you can experience how businesses really work, and network with professionals who might become your future employers.
- Experience the “CEMS spirit”: an active CEMS Club creating a close-knit, personal quality to the programme as you study and work with people who want to improve themselves and society at large.
- Varied educational experience, including in-company projects, career events and panels, an exchange semester and an international internship.
- Access to the CEMS network of prestigious business schools, corporate partners and alumni – this gives you access to companies and inspire you to discover which career path suits you best.
- Dual qualification: MSc International Management from RSM, and the CEMS Master in Management certificate via the CEMS Alliance
- Take electives from other RSM master programmes or while on exchange to expand your perspectives, and network in specific business areas.
- Study in small interactive classes that encourage teamwork with other motivated, ambitious, internationally oriented future managers.
CEMS students are academically high achieving and are also highly socially aware, culturally sensitive, and engaged in the world and with the people around them. You and your classmates will be admitted to the programme based on your excellent bachelor performance, fluency in at least three languages, and a global orientation and motivation. You’ll be part of a cohort of motivated, ambitious, and active students who work hard but also like to have fun together. Time management skills are essential, but also rewarding. So if you are hard-working and enjoy meeting new people, the IM/CEMS programme is the right fit for you.
Laura Maria Breuer (MSc International Management/CEMS 2021)
"This is one of the most challenging yet most rewarding times of my life. We learn to be critical about long-standing concepts. IM/CEMS gives me the chance to follow my interest through electives while not losing sight of the bigger picture. And the best part: the people in the programme are open to new opinions, challenge your opinions, and come from a multitude of cultures and backgrounds. You learn with and also from your classmates.”